Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

An Interesting E-Mail I Got From Square Enix...

by ReddMcKnight Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

It's probably all over the internet by now, but I figured I'd post it here for people who don't know. They said in this E-Mail that they're finally going to fix Final Fantasy XIV's problems. Here's a copy of the E-Mail itself.

Thank you for your continued interest in and support of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

While more than two months have passed since the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that FINAL FANTASY fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies.

After thorough deliberation on how to meet those expectations, it was decided that the most viable step was to approach improvements under new leadership and with a restructured team.

To realize this vision, and in doing so, provide our customers with a better game experience, we have assembled our company’s top talent and resources. Taking over the role of producer and director is Naoki Yoshida, a passionate individual for whom customer satisfaction has always taken top priority. Not only is he one of our Group’s most accomplished and experienced members, Naoki Yoshida is also a charismatic leader possessing the skill to bring together and effectively helm a team which encompasses a wide range of responsibilities. We also welcome several new leaders handpicked from other projects to work with the existing talent on FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We realize time is of the essence and are fully determined to provide our customers with quality service. It is because of this that we ask our customers to be patient until we are able to confidently present them with a concrete plan outlining FINAL FANTASY XIV’s new direction. The free trial period will be extended until that time.

Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned. For that reason, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the PlayStation 3 version beyond the originally announced date of March 2011.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV team is working hard to bring our customers an unparalleled adventure, and we ask for your continued understanding and support as we march ever diligently towards that goal.

President and CEO, Yoichi Wada

This will probably take a while, but I'm excited about it. Thoughts? Comments?
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
Flake

Re: An Interesting E-Mail I Got From Square Enix...

by Flake Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Nah. I'm not really an MMO kinda guy and Square lost my love when the 90's ended.

But I do feel for people who pay these monthly fees to play games that come out broken. It's a BS business model that takes advantage of the most loyal customers Square has left.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I think it is good of them to do this. At least they are listening to the negative reaction and doing something about it. It really got slammed. It has a 52 on metacritic and a 3.8 by users.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm still skeptical how much PS3 version will improve from PC but I may get it and try it out eventually.
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm

I heard so many bad word of mouth things about this game. It's good they have the sense to do something about it.
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm

it seems to me like square uses the final fantasy name to sell games, but have issues living up to its name. Final Fantasy is a near and dear game to thousands of gamers (for the record, ive never played any of them) and to release a game that is as bad as i've heard is pretty lame. At least they are trying to rectify the situation.
Flake

by Flake Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Pabstblueribbon wrote:it seems to me like square uses the final fantasy name to sell games, but have issues living up to its name.

That was a pretty short sighted strategy on their parts. I used to equate Final Fantasy to quality, epic titles that could move hardware off shelves and change the way you thought about gaming, at least for awhile.

Not when I think Final Fantasy I think of androgyny, oversaturation, shameless tie-ins, and annoying fanboys.

Final Fantasy has become the 'Mario Sports' of Squaresoft. Good games every now and then but far too many of them being released far too frequently. Makes the series far too forgettable.
Last edited by Flake on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
CAv
24-bit

by CAv Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:12 pm

maybe Square is getting it in their heads that the people of the 21st century like good games as much as they did in the 90's. Perhaps they'll start making them again.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
Jonesy47
16-bit

by Jonesy47 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Do you think they even have the ABILITY to reclaim their former glory? I dont really believe so anymore. Its not just that the series/Square itself has lost touch with the customers that used to love them. They also have lost a ton of the creative talent from the 90's as well. After the people responsible for my childhood left, Im sure Square thought they could just hire on new talent to fill the gap but, apparently, this isnt the case so much.

For what its worth, if they cant come up with original, ground-breaking ideas anymore, even story-telling wise, I hope to god they can at least remember what made them a powerhouse in the first place and START THERE. I gotta believe it cant be that hard, with the tons of fans TELLING them what they want or what they used to love. It seems more like its some weird corporate decision-making that ruins everything much like...well, seemingly everything ELSE in the world, at the moment. I cant help but think that the corporate mind-frame is going to tear society down around us, starting with creativity and going from there.
Systems: ATARI 2600 - NES - FAMICOM - SNES - N64 - GC - WII - GENESIS - SEGACD - SATURN - DREAMCAST - PSX - PS2 - PS3 - XBOX - XBOX 360 - GB - GBC - GBA - DS - PSP - NEOGEOPOCKET
Retrozoa
64-bit

by Retrozoa Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Tossing in my two cents, I think that as long as you avoid the modern numerical final fantasy titles, it's still a very enjoyable and innovative series. I haven't bought a numerical game since 9, but here I am enjoying the Crystal Chronicles, the FF3 remake, and 4 heroes of light. Actually, all of those were games farmed out to different studios, so maybe it's fair to say the best Square-enix games are ones not made by Square-enix.
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
Return to General Gaming