Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: All time worst exclusives?

by Niode Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 am

CFFJR wrote:I came in to mention Daikatana, but I was beaten to the punch. Besides, I had no idea that game came out on anything other than PC.

As a side note, I'd like to thank Ack and Niode. You two are the first people I've ever met who hated Diddy Kong Racing. I've always hated that game, and over the years it started to seem like I was the only man on earth who felt that way. Good to know I'm no longer alone. :)

Bro-hug.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 am

Niode wrote:
CFFJR wrote:I came in to mention Daikatana, but I was beaten to the punch. Besides, I had no idea that game came out on anything other than PC.

As a side note, I'd like to thank Ack and Niode. You two are the first people I've ever met who hated Diddy Kong Racing. I've always hated that game, and over the years it started to seem like I was the only man on earth who felt that way. Good to know I'm no longer alone. :)

Bro-hug.

Congratulations; you're the only 3 sane people who hate the game.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 pm

lisalover1 wrote:
Niode wrote:

Bro-hug.

Congratulations; you're the only 3 sane people who hate the game.

Wait, Niode's sane? News to me.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm

I hate the game too! I tried it with my friends and as much as we tried we couldn't have fun with it, it just had too bad controls and even if it didn't it was not very exciting on it's own, like a watered down version of Mario Kart.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:34 pm

General_Norris wrote:I hate the game too! I tried it with my friends and as much as we tried we couldn't have fun with it, it just had too bad controls and even if it didn't it was not very exciting on it's own, like a watered down version of Mario Kart.

Mario Kart 64 is a watered down version of Diddy Kong Racing. True story.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

by EvilRyu2099 Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Kasumi Ninja for the Jaguar was trash as was Way of the Warrior for the 3DO... Both were suppose to be MK clones and failed miserably.. If you want to see some comedy, watch gameplay footage of those games on youtube..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Ack

by Ack Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 pm

lisalover1 wrote:
General_Norris wrote:I hate the game too! I tried it with my friends and as much as we tried we couldn't have fun with it, it just had too bad controls and even if it didn't it was not very exciting on it's own, like a watered down version of Mario Kart.

Mario Kart 64 is a watered down version of Diddy Kong Racing. True story.

Except it came out about a year before DKR...

Look, if you like the game, that's cool. It sold incredibly well, so honestly there's likely many people who agree with you, and game reviewers thought it was quite good. It's just that not all of us did. And of all the Nintendo 64 games that were both exclusive and hyped, this one was one of the ones I disliked the most.

While I suppose that doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad game, it does fit my personal opinion of being one of the worst hyped exclusives. But if it will make you feel better, I'll throw out a few other games that I remember being hyped which I didn't really care for on the Nintendo 64:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mace: The Dark Age

Majora's Mask is ultimately a love-it-or-hate-it game. I've known folks that adored it and folks who despised it. I didn't care for it when I tried it, but that was years ago, so I suppose I ought to give it another chance.

Mace: The Dark Age I remember being hyped in the gamer magazines I read, but when I finally got my hands on a copy, I just wasn't impressed. Which is a shame, as it was something I'd been looking forward to playing for years.

I'm sure there are others, just as there are other games for the other consoles. I'm just having trouble remembering back that far. And these games aren't really all that bad, it comes down more to a personal opinion.

You know what though? I have a game series which will ultimately take the cake for this thread. I believe it has been mentioned previously, but it was glossed over, so it should be said again.

Bubsy. And no matter what the PSExtreme or EGM quotes on the game's cover say, Bubsy 3D is absolutely atrocious.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure

I bought it when I got my gamecube, because me being young bought games based on the cover art. Have a gamecube and around 12 or so dollars? Get this game. It is the worse exclusive of all time. The only thing good was woody the woodpecker and the backdraft game.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Return to General Gaming