All time worst exclusives?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: All time worst exclusives?

Post by Limewater »

Breetai wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 (us exclusive)

WTF? I'm pretty damn sure I have actually owned the Japanese release of that. US exclusive my ass!

I could be wrong, but I think maybe he meant that it was an exclusive in the US market. Maybe it was multi-platform in Japan.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Limewater wrote:
Breetai wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 (us exclusive)

WTF? I'm pretty damn sure I have actually owned the Japanese release of that. US exclusive my ass!

I could be wrong, but I think maybe he meant that it was an exclusive in the US market. Maybe it was multi-platform in Japan.

Only PS1 in Japan.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ack wrote:
AmishSamurai wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:
N64:
Daikatana

Also on the PC

But he said a few of those were also on the PC. Daikatana did have a Game Boy Color release, but it's a completely different genre.

Breetai wrote:
TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:E.T. For The Atari 2600

Have you actually played it and given it a fair chance?
Admittedly I've heard if you actually read the manual, the game makes a lot more sense. I used to play it at a neighbor's house as a kid, and I didn't think it was as bad as some folks have said...but then again, I think a lot of games that get trashed aren't as bad as people say.
I played this, agree not really all that bad a scavenger hunt of the day. I hated falling in those stupid pits.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Breetai wrote:
Limewater wrote:
Breetai wrote:WTF? I'm pretty damn sure I have actually owned the Japanese release of that. US exclusive my ass!

Only PS1 in Japan.

WTF? I'm pretty damn sure I have actually just made a mistake regarding the Japanese release of that. Being undertanding me thinking it was a US exclusive my ass! See what I did there. I put in bold statements you said and made my own sentence out of them. You know there is no reason for you to be so offended, did you make the game or something.

I am not sure how my statement was a WTF moment for you. I apologize for thinking Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 was released on the Saturn in other markets. Sorry for not being perfect, geez how unhuman of me to make a mistake.
Last edited by pepharytheworm on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

How come after 7 pages I'm the first person to defend Yoshi's Story?
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Jrecee wrote:How come after 7 pages I'm the first person to defend Yoshi's Story?

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but have not yet actually played it myself. I have it, though, and I heard it's pretty short, so it will probably be the first thing I try when I hook my N64 back up.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Limewater wrote:
Jrecee wrote:How come after 7 pages I'm the first person to defend Yoshi's Story?

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but have not yet actually played it myself. I have it, though, and I heard it's pretty short, so it will probably be the first thing I try when I hook my N64 back up.

Yeah it's not a huge game, and it's not on the level of other Mario sidescrollers, but it's not bad in any way at all.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

corn619 wrote:I may get slammed for this but, I thought Shadow Of The Collossus was a decent game but was plagued with major camera and control issues that just about ruined the game for me. While the idea and graphics looked great, the gameplay and camera was very rough.
It's hardly the worst exclusive for the PS2 though
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Chris Leach wrote:I would have to throw my vote in for "ps2: Gettin' Up! CE!"

Produced by Mark Ecko, based on spray taggin' your marks on concrete walls and anywhere else possible. The game is terrible....

From the crappy tutorial that teaches you how to do stuff you already do like walk forward in every other game to the impossible feat of teaching yourself to use their chinzy control physics to steer your guy around the mounds of untouchable landscape just so you can learn to climb a wall and how to properly put a ficticous tag in a spot no one is gonna look anyways....

Just terrible! [but it comes with a cool art book that you can use to practice your tags]
It wasn't a PS2 exclusive. There was also an Xbox and PC version
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell