All time worst exclusives?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Re: All time worst exclusives?

Post by ReddMcKnight »

It's probably been said already, but Way of the Warrior for 3DO is just awful. I played it a few times, and each time, it only got worse. I can't believe Naughty Dog made it, especially when they made the excellent Crash Bandicoot Games. (I'm referring to the first 4 games).
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
corn619 wrote:I may get slammed for this but, I thought Shadow Of The Collossus was a decent game but was plagued with major camera and control issues that just about ruined the game for me. While the idea and graphics looked great, the gameplay and camera was very rough.
It's hardly the worst exclusive for the PS2 though

Of course there were worst exclusives, but none had been hyped up like Shadow Of The Colossus. The unwieldy camera and wonky controls were very disappointing and hampered the whole experience for me. It takes more than beautiful graphics and huge bosses to make a great game.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

corn619 wrote:Of course there were worst exclusives, but none had been hyped up like Shadow Of The Colossus. The unwieldy camera and wonky controls were very disappointing and hampered the whole experience for me. It takes more than beautiful graphics and huge bosses to make a great game.

Was Shadow of the Colossus really heavily hyped upon release? I never saw any television commercials for it or anything. The only hype I've been exposed to is from gamers after it had been out for a while.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Anyone remember the Capcom 5 on the Gamecube? I call that (as a group of games) the worst exclusive of all time, cause 3 of those games went multiplatform (so much for hyping them up as exclusives) 1 got canceled and the only Gamecube exclusive managed to become less of a success than a Suda51 game.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Limewater wrote:
corn619 wrote:Of course there were worst exclusives, but none had been hyped up like Shadow Of The Colossus. The unwieldy camera and wonky controls were very disappointing and hampered the whole experience for me. It takes more than beautiful graphics and huge bosses to make a great game.

Was Shadow of the Colossus really heavily hyped upon release? I never saw any television commercials for it or anything. The only hype I've been exposed to is from gamers after it had been out for a while.

I guess you never read any gaming magazines back then, because it was in every one of them on a monthly basis prior to release. I never really saw any commercials though.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

ZeroAX wrote:Anyone remember the Capcom 5 on the Gamecube? I call that (as a group of games) the worst exclusive of all time, cause 3 of those games went multiplatform (so much for hyping them up as exclusives) 1 got canceled and the only Gamecube exclusive managed to become less of a success than a Suda51 game.
Yeah that was funny, Capcom really screwed Nintendo over with that one. Although they did keep Resident Evil 4 exclusive for a long time.
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

alienjesus wrote:People just aren't getting the point of this thread, no matter how often it's said.

Superman 64 was never touted by nintendo as an amazing exclusive, only on the N64. From what I understand, thats the point of this thread.

Hey You, Pikachu! comes immediately in mind. It had it's very own hardware peripheral and even a special edition console.
renardqueenston
24-bit

Post by renardqueenston »

Jmenglan wrote:Yoshi's Story for N64 was all kinds of terrible

i loved and still love this game :[
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I came in to mention Daikatana, but I was beaten to the punch. Besides, I had no idea that game came out on anything other than PC.

As a side note, I'd like to thank Ack and Niode. You two are the first people I've ever met who hated Diddy Kong Racing. I've always hated that game, and over the years it started to seem like I was the only man on earth who felt that way. Good to know I'm no longer alone. :)
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles for the Gamecube i don't how much it got hyped but it does have that "Only for Gamecube" logo in the corner of the cover and it is a crappy whatever genre it is.