Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
yomomma1
128-bit

Re: All time worst exclusives?

by yomomma1 Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
yomomma1 wrote:I bought it when I got my gamecube, because me being young bought games based on the cover art.
Based on the cover art I would've never touched that game in the first place... lol

It has a dinosaur, an alien, and a flying delorean! That is clearly the best cover ever.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
CAv
24-bit

by CAv Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 am

saturnfan wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:You got me there Hobie. I thought of Altered Beast as the Genesis system seller. I didn't consider checking wikipedia to see which other systems ran a port of altered beast. I searched youtube to verify and came up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwmcQw9NRI
Wow, I thought this game looked bad on Genesis; it looks awful on NES. Is this a legit game, or did pirates port it to Nintendo hardware?

In my defense, Altered beast was touted as an exclusive Sega product. I seem to remember one of Sega's hype commercials claiming, "Only Sega has arcade quality; Only Sega has Altered Beast".

No saturnfan, as much as my nostalgia goggles would like me to agree with you, I can't. I recently played Altered Beast again and found that it's rather lame.

No way, I love Altered Beast.

I never played this game back in the day, and I've played beatumups older than this one (Battletoads anybody?) that hold up much better. Personally, Altered Beast just doesn't work in a time when the graphics aren't mindbending.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
flamepanther
Next-Gen

by flamepanther Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 am

CAv wrote:I never played this game back in the day, and I've played beatumups older than this one (Battletoads anybody?) that hold up much better. Personally, Altered Beast just doesn't work in a time when the graphics aren't mindbending.
I'm sure that you have (because so have I) and I agree with your point, but Battletoads isn't that game. Altered Beast is older than Battletoads by about three years. Try Double Dragon, maybe? ;)
Return to General Gaming