Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Mega Man Ongoing Comic Book Series

by ZeroAX Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:54 pm

flamepanther wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:Hm perhaps they can also make sense of the DS games (those games were sooooo crap)
The ZX games? I didn't think they were any worse then Zero 1-4. After the entire second half of the X series they're practically God.

I'm talking gameplay wise. I just couldn't find my away in their 2D platform sandbox world :S:S

hey X5 was really good. Now X6-8....
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Flake

by Flake Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I think the ZX games were in a bad position. I mean, how do you follow up after Megaman Zero 4?

ZX gameplay was great, even if Capcom can't quite do Symphony of the Reploid as well as Konami. But the story...ugh. I think I already said something about how Japanese companies just can't do continuity or long term story lines without fucking it up.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
flamepanther
Next-Gen

by flamepanther Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 pm

ZeroAX wrote:I'm talking gameplay wise. I just couldn't find my away in their 2D platform sandbox world :S:S
I'm talking gameplay wise too. The action and control was great. The map screen could have made more sense, but It's still easier to navigate than, say, the first two Metroid games.
hey X5 was really good. Now X6-8....
X5 seems to me like it was going to be a really good game, but was cancelled three quarters of the way through development, and then the unfinished beta wound up on store shelves.

It has moments of awesomeness, sure... It also has some really rough level design in several places, unpolished graphics relative to the previous games, some really awkward background layer scrolling in certain levels (the intro stage, for example), and an incomplete armor upgrade system the destroys the gradual powering up that was a constant of the previous games. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, Tidal Makoeen/"Duff McWhalen" (God, I hate the translation for this game too!) doesn't even get his own stage music. I think that about covers it.
Return to General Gaming