PC controllers with silent buttons?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
corn619
Next-Gen

PC controllers with silent buttons?

Post by corn619 »

I know its kind of a weird question. I'm looking for pretty much any controller that has quiet button and D-pad input. I have PS2, Xbox & GC USB adaptors so those 3rd party controllers for those systems will work too. I play games from time to time with my netbook in bed. My current controllers are pretty noisy when I'm playing. It drives my wife nuts if shes trying to sleep or watch TV. So I didn't know if anyone could recommend some controllers that are on the quiet side when pressing the buttons and D-pad, thanks guys.
J T
Next-Gen

Re: PC controllers with silent buttons?

Post by J T »

I think you need this.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

Saitek's pads are usually OK in that regard, although some of them do have more "clack" to the buttons than others. Compared to most USB gamepads they're usually great though.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

J T wrote:I think you need this.
I would love to get that, it would be....perfect. Just imagine that, combined with the technology of the U-force. I would be unstoppable!
JordanPlayer
64-bit

Post by JordanPlayer »

My wife wore ear plugs for about half a year when the PC was in our bedroom; now it is on the other side of the home we moved into :lol:
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I think you're missing the point, corn619. Your wife is speaking to you in code. If you buy a quiet game controller, she'll just complain about something else instead.

The real reason your wife is complaining is because she wants you to stop paying attention to your game and start paying attention to her.

Why doesn't your wife just tell you that? Because she expects you to read her mind of course!
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Maybe try playing with your wife's buttons instead? I keep no electronics in my bedroom. Research shows that couples with a TV in the bedroom have less sex than those who don't. Probably correlational, but possibly causal too. I have a game room and a computer room for a reason, might as well use them. Leave the bedroom for sleep and sex.

Perhaps you could use this as leverage to get your wife to dedicate you some gaming space? She's trying to sleep and you're clacking away at the controller, "this wouldn't be a problem if I had a game room to go to." :wink:
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Hatta wrote:Maybe try playing with your wife's buttons instead? I keep no electronics in my bedroom. Research shows that couples with a TV in the bedroom have less sex than those who don't. Probably correlational, but possibly causal too. I have a game room and a computer room for a reason, might as well use them. Leave the bedroom for sleep and sex.

Perhaps you could use this as leverage to get your wife to dedicate you some gaming space? She's trying to sleep and you're clacking away at the controller, "this wouldn't be a problem if I had a game room to go to." :wink:

Hatta thinks like I do. :lol:
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Ha ha ha very funny guys. I had a feeling you guys were gonna go there. You are all clearly missing out on the benefits of incorporating love making with gaming. It give the term high score a whole new meaning! :lol:
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

I take it this was you then?
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!