Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
msimplay
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 am

Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by msimplay Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi I've recently got into my gameboy and gameboy advance games.

So I went looking for a games that defined article for the Gameboy and sadly the handhelds are not covered at the moment but there are articles for "Hidden Gems" and "Cheapest Retro Games Worth Your Time"

I guess it is a bit cheeky but as a request it would be good if these articles for handhelds are made :D
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by Flake Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 pm

I've heard tell that these articles are in the pipeline right now.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38130
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by noiseredux Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:50 pm

the GB one is done. Should be up soon.

PS, do you read my blog? :)
Image
msimplay
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 am

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by msimplay Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 pm

noiseredux wrote:the GB one is done. Should be up soon.

PS, do you read my blog? :)


Thanks yeah I have a browse through here and there.
Ps I've subscribed to the RSS feed
Last edited by msimplay on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38130
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by noiseredux Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:55 pm

at any rate the GB 101 article is done and should be up soon... and I know the GBA defining games article is being "diligently" worked on right currently.
Image
msimplay
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 am

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by msimplay Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:05 pm

noiseredux wrote:at any rate the GB 101 article is done and should be up soon... and I know the GBA defining games article is being "diligently" worked on right currently.


Great news I mean I had a GB in it's hey day and I really loved it swapped a lot of games with friends but when I my Snes came the old GB got neglected.
I also like the Gameboy / GBC for portable play it has a great battery life and pick up and play games.

One thing I notice about todays games they are too long not like the old Arcade games that a lot of the older titles were based on had emphasise on being pick up and play.

Note on Battery charges the Nintendo DS always runs out of charge after a few hours of play but the gameboy color goes on for days of constant play without having to replace the batteries.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38130
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by noiseredux Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:08 pm

battery life was a very important thing to Nintendo's R&D... it's the reason the GB and later GBC were so underpowered compared to competition (Game Gear, Lynx, etc) but certainly their long lives and lack of need for constantly buying batteries was a huge deal to consumers.
Image
msimplay
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 am

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by msimplay Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 pm

noiseredux wrote:battery life was a very important thing to Nintendo's R&D... it's the reason the GB and later GBC were so underpowered compared to competition (Game Gear, Lynx, etc) but certainly their long lives and lack of need for constantly buying batteries was a huge deal to consumers.


Yeah its a big deal to me now if I have to go on a long journey travelling the last thing I want is to have my mobile gaming device die on me.

That means out goes the NDS / PSP / IPOD Touch and in comes the GBC / Gameboy.

I was forever charging my NDS up when I took it to work.

One thing I will say about "underpowered" the GBC / GB prove that graphics aren't everything the games are great today as years ago.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38130
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by noiseredux Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:18 pm

msimplay wrote:
One thing I will say about "underpowered" the GBC / GB prove that graphics aren't everything the games are great today as years ago.


you're preaching to the choir my man! :D
Image
msimplay
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 am

Re: Games that defined for retro gaming handhelds ?

by msimplay Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm

noiseredux wrote:
msimplay wrote:
One thing I will say about "underpowered" the GBC / GB prove that graphics aren't everything the games are great today as years ago.


you're preaching to the choir my man! :D


Good then I've joined the choir but the more times I say it gameplay over graphics the better :lol:
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests