Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
thelolotov
32-bit

Re: Gaming parents: how do your kids feel about your gaming?

by thelolotov Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 am

Curlypaul wrote:I often wonder if they are all genuinely interested in games, or whether its because they are interested in me and therefore interested in what they see me doing

What's the difference? XD

My dad is a gamer, has been since he was a kid, and all 3 of his sons turned out to be gamers, trust me, fathers have more influence than they think.

Or maybe it's just coincidence, but I doubt that.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Gaming parents: how do your kids feel about your gaming?

by Ivo Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:24 pm

thelolotov wrote:
Curlypaul wrote:I often wonder if they are all genuinely interested in games, or whether its because they are interested in me and therefore interested in what they see me doing

What's the difference? XD

My dad is a gamer, has been since he was a kid, and all 3 of his sons turned out to be gamers, trust me, fathers have more influence than they think.

Or maybe it's just coincidence, but I doubt that.

On a bit of a follow up on this notion, I really think that if more people approached games without pre-conceived notions or negative ideas about it (which is certainly how kids usually approach it), even more people would be into it.

I do not think everyone would like it, mind you... But I think loads of people would appreciate the upgrade in interactivity it has over stuff like movies or TVs (that interactivity is usually a big plus but not always, even I prefer to watch something on a screen without actively participating once in a while).

Ivo.
Return to General Gaming