32-bit

Re: Games you don't like that everyone likes

by thelolotov Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:32 am

Halo, and Call of Duty.
scarper
128-bit

by scarper Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 am

Soldier FPS's, or rather, FPS's that don't make you the big mother f***er with all the crazy guns. i.e. CoD

Strategy RPG's. I avoid these like the plague. The only one I was ever able to get into was Advance Wars, but the rest of the bunch gets really boring.

Text RPG's. I like there to be action in my games. Not novels.
PharmaceuticalCowboy
64-bit

by PharmaceuticalCowboy Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:31 am

Halo - The first game was pretty fun, but after they rehashed the same thing like 5 times I am way over it. I guess I'd play with friends, but only if they already had it.

Crysis - A lot of my buddies loved this game but I thought it was utter trash. The suit powers were lame, and usually only utilized when there was an object in your path or some other dumb scenario. This also suffers from Crytek's horrible game design, where levels look and play the exact same over every level. Crysis does have a little more variety than Far Cry, but not much.

The Sims - Do I need to explain myself? People that like this are sadistic.

Call of Duty series - Honestly, never got into it. Seems ok, but somewhat same-y. I play a lot of the Battlefield series, so I don't really need to play another similar game **Metal of Honor** :roll:

Also an honorable mention to the Zelda games, which I can never seem to get into.

I'm mostly a PC and retro console gamer so I haven't kept up with the console exclusives; however there hasn't been too much from either Sony or Microsoft that looks enticing enough to buy their console (barring Kinect if it ever gets a killer app). Seems like a brown and gray generation to me... bleh.
slk486
8-bit

by slk486 Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:26 am

Gamerforlife wrote:Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - I never could get into this. Bored me to death and just left me craving a Bioware game

Couldn't agree more with that one.

My other picks would be:

Halo Reach: Just feels a bit meh...

Street Fighter 2 (Ouch!): Never could get into it, or any other fighters, except Mortal Kombat. I'm probably just too stupid to figure out there's a strategic element to the bouts :)

GTA4: Boooring.

Star Craft: No particular reason, except I really don't like Blizzards style.
NES (PAL), NES (US), SNES (US), Turbo Duo-R (RGB), Megadrive 1 (PAL with 50/60 switch), Megadrive 2 (PAL), PSX with chip (PAL), PS2 softmodded with HDD (PAL), PS3, Xbox classic with chip x 2, Gamecube (PAL), Wii, Dreamcast (PAL), Xbox360, Sega Saturn Derby Edition.
gennss
128-bit

by gennss Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:36 am

Grand theft Auto, series.
... I don't like open worlds, I get lost

Halo, Series
... I like FPS games just not this one.

Mario Kart Double Dash
... The teammate component made it complicated for me.

Border Down
... I started to get into and died. and waited, got back into died... waited....
... too frustrating and the wait between lives kills it for me.

Virtua Fighter Series
... Feels weird, not comfortable with it.

Street Fighter Alpha 3
... I'm not sure if its the animation, or something, but I simply like all Alpha 2 worlds more.

King of Fighters Series
... No one ever bothered to explain to me the strikers thing, its confusing. I like Garou and Capcom vs SNK though, so its not the characters/moves.
--
Gennss
--
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 am

I really don't like Your Favorite Game. I think it's extremely overrated honestly and I find it immensely boring.
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 pm

The GTA games are my least favorite of the hyper successful mainstream series out there.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

[quote=Applequeso]people who don't like things I like are either elitists or they have bad taste[/quote]
Excactly. Also, even if they had bad taste and the games were horrible they are in their right to enjoy it :lol:

Guitar Hero - Don't like the music of the game, I think the timing is too loose and the notecharts rely on stretching your hand rather than practical difficulty (See: Knights of Cydonia, Scales). It's also too easy to pass a song just by smashing notes and abusing star power.

DJ Hero - The gameplay feels forced and the notecharts are uninspired. The switch seems like a cool idea and is fun to watch but it is not a fun mechaning. While some people find the music good, I think it's also pretty bad.

Mario Kart Series - Don't like the feel of the game, how you control your car and that stuff. I do not enjoy the turbo mechanic and the items are completely unfair, preventing me from having fun. It's fun but not for me.

Halo - Played the first. The level design was very uninspired and you were always going down corridors, from cover to cover. It also suffered from canyon syndrome, were you have always walls to each side, something not acceptable for a modern game. The weapons seemed bland and you didn't change your playstyle between them.

Final Fantasy series -
The plots are always cliché and boring. The battle system consists of the following: Normal Enemy: Press X ,Strong enemy: Use magic, Boss: Use invocations. Too basic for me.

Strategic games without base building
- I like bases!

Strategic games based around micromanagement (Warcraft III, for example)
- Don't like to have to indicate my guys who to attack

That's what I can name from the top of my head.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
gennss
128-bit

by gennss Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 pm

AppleQueso wrote:I really don't like Your Favorite Game. I think it's extremely overrated honestly and I find it immensely boring.

Who? Me? Triggerheart is well rated?
--
Gennss
--
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 pm

First person shooters.

Rpgs.

Fighting games.
Return to General Gaming