Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Games you don't like that everyone likes

by Gamerforlife Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I forgot Alien Hominid, which is a sloppily designed game that got by on its style, fan service and indie developer cred. They really redeemed themselves with the awesome Castle Crashers though
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Call of Duty Series....just overrated.
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Another one of these threads, another excuse for the elitists to gather and laugh at how everything popular totally sucks because it panders to the lowest common denominator (Allegedly).

:lol:
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Imagine: Zookeeper

Never understood the appeal of this sim that allows you to pretend you're running a zoo. Just didn't care for it.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:06 am

gtmtnbiker wrote:Imagine: Zookeeper

Never understood the appeal of this sim that allows you to pretend you're running a zoo. Just didn't care for it.

Stay far away from the Imagine series if you can help it. A bunch of crap it is.

Zoo Tycoon for PC is more typically known as the zoo-managing sim, though; I'm sure you could torrent it somewhere.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 am

people who don't like things I like are either elitists or they have bad taste
Mr.White555
64-bit

by Mr.White555 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:25 am

MrEco wrote:Another one of these threads, another excuse for the elitists to gather and laugh at how everything popular totally sucks because it panders to the lowest common denominator (Allegedly).

What he said.

FPS's this decade... fighting games last decade, get over it. CoD4MW is the equivalent to Street Fighter 2 this generation. You have a bunch of unnecessary sequels/versions in which genre fans make huge delineations in each installment, but to genre outsiders seem minimalistic. The genre will eventually go out of the mainstream and will only produce a couple of AAA titles a generation and balance in the universe will restored. :roll:
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:11 am

Turn based rpg combat games. Which is a shame because I loved Chrono trigger but had to put it down because the grinding pissed me the fuck off. I just find it all very slow,dull and grindy.

Tomb Raider series even when new did nothing for me. That's all that comes to mind but I know there are plenty more.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:29 am

My least preferred and therefore least played genre/s of games would be most RPG's, Beat 'em up's, and most definately the shmup's.
So pick any of the "top" games from those and it would be applicable to me not liking them and to most everyone else loving them.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:47 am

The whole Resident Evil series is full of bad camera angles and poor control. I'm slighly interested in RE5 due to the newer control system where you can strafe. But even then, you still can't aim/shoot when you're moving (you just freeze up), which is kinda dumb.

Also, every Mario game since Super Mario 64 has been boring and mediocre. Sly Cooper and the Ratchet & Clank series are so much more imaginative and fun to play.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Return to General Gaming