Games you don't like that everyone likes

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Games you don't like that everyone likes

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

This is based on the old thread from like 5 years ago. I decide to make a new one, start off fresh, and at least hear something from new members.

Anyway, here are my picks

Silent Hill series, I just have a personal dislike, I don't outright hate it, I mean I like the first one, second one is overrated, and I never bother with the rest, I don't know why but when I think of these games I think of these as official games for emo kids. I guess I am just more of a Resident Evil fan.

Fallout 3, I just don't see whats the big deal about this game, yes the premise sounds cool, its like a nice what-if, but take off the cool goggles what do you get, its just another first person game with brown graphics, plus I never really that big into RPGs in the first place.

Nintendo 64, Yeah, I just listed a game system, I am sorry people I don't see whats so great about that system, I mean I have tried most of the "classic" N64 games, I don't like most of it, so many people liked the Banjo series, but I see it as another platformer game, then again don't like most Rare games on the N64 (yes I don't like Perfect Dark, Conker ect.). Hell I think the N64 Zelda games are overrated. But I think the main reason why I don't like the system is the controller, pretty much the controller is a real deal breaker. I can tell you this, I do not regret giving away my N64.
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Re: Games you don't like that everyone likes

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Cannot, for the life of me, get into strategy RPGs.. Disgaea was about the closest I could get to liking it, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. I guess Lufia and the 16-bit Final Fantasies ruined me..

Also, I'll never understand the vast and rabid popularity of games like Call of Duty and Medal of Honor. Seriously, how many times can you play the same game across a handful of franchises and sequels..?? Doom is, was, and always will be the pinnacle of FPSes...
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:Silent Hill series, I just have a personal dislike, I don't outright hate it, I mean I like the first one, second one is overrated, and I never bother with the rest, I don't know why but when I think of these games I think of these as official games for emo kids. I guess I am just more of a Resident Evil fan.

Weird, when I associate emo kids with gaming the first thing that pops into my mind is Kingdom Hearts. I used to see tons of emo kids with Umbrella Corp. shirts too ;).

I've never understood people's extreme hate for the n64 controller either. It was plenty comfortable in your hands unless you're sitting there with one hand on the D-Pad end trying to reach your thumb way down to the stick. Besides there were a couple of nice 3rd party options.

Anyhow uh...

I don't know, I don't care for most shmups.
Ack

Post by Ack »

TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:Silent Hill series, I just have a personal dislike, I don't outright hate it, I mean I like the first one, second one is overrated, and I never bother with the rest, I don't know why but when I think of these games I think of these as official games for emo kids. I guess I am just more of a Resident Evil fan.

Personally, I see it more as a difference in film tastes. Silent Hill is synonymous with the likes of Jacob's Ladder or Session 9, while Resident Evil is more like Romero's zombie films.

Anyway, as I've repeatedly admitted, I'm not a fan of platformers, so stuff like Mario Bros. 3 or Sonic just don't do it for me, and I don't care much for RTS games, including Starcraft.

Haven't we had multiple threads like this already?
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

FPSs.....I hate them.

Movie based games.....I hate them even more.

Games that try to be too much, turning the whole experience into a mediocre one......I hate them the most.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I hate halo games, same thing repetitive. I go over to my older cousin home and its always Halo, halo, halo every year, while he has 30 other 360 games new or old. Lets play something else.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I think mine are pretty well known so I'll try not to say much. I'll just list them and maybe a brief summary of my feelings

Uncharted 2-It just doesn't really do anything new and its shooter elements reflect what I dislike about many other shooters that try to be realistic or cinematic but aren't. I haven't really been a fan of Naughy Dog since the awful Jak II

Scott Pilgrim-I know others feel differently, but I think it plays like shit as a solo game. You basically need to beef up your stats and brute force your way through the game. In the wake of games like Castle Crashers(and the great combat of Dishwasher Samurai), Scott Pilgrim just isn't good enough. I LOVED the movie though

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - I never could get into this. Bored me to death and just left me craving a Bioware game

Shenmue: How is making a game that mimicks boring aspects of real life like curfews and working a job a good idea? Too much walking around and talking to people and I didn't like the schizophrenic gameplay. It's an rpg, it's a fighter, it's a quick time event game, it's mimicking retro arcade games. Make up your damn mind Shenmue

Odin Sphere-Crap combat system, repetitive levels and bosses(they LITERALLY repeat themselves)and horrible performance(really bad slow down)

Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne-Cheap, bullshit gameplay. This game is a good example of BAD challenging gameplay

Shin Megami Tensei:Digital Devil Saga-The damn thing is just boring as hell. These two games had me thinking that Megaten games are all style and no substance
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Ack wrote:Haven't we had multiple threads like this already?

Shit the OP even admits this in the first sentence of his post.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - This is a game that seems to be loved by utterly everyone, I have tried so many times to enjoy it, but I just never do, I have struggled to play through it quite a few times (my current save is the Shadow Temple boss) but I find it boring, dull with no character development and repetitive game play, I just don't enjoy it.

I utterly love the NES original and finish Twilight Princess and enjoyed that, something about OOT, just bores me to the bone.
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

FPS's. I suck at them. And they got kind of repetitive after a while.