Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: New game industry trend that is getting on my nerves

by ZeroAX Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Pichu wrote:You're just now complaining of this?
*sees this is of PS3/360 games* Oh, okay.

Well, the Wii is the biggest offender, all online enabled games, no matter how useless their online can not be copied. MHTri....Brawl....Animal Crossing......god damn. :|

Mario Kart can
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pichu
128-bit

by Pichu Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:36 pm

ZeroAX wrote:

Well, the Wii is the biggest offender, all online enabled games, no matter how useless their online can not be copied. MHTri....Brawl....Animal Crossing......god damn. :|

Mario Kart can

Seriously? I gotta go check..
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Pichu wrote:

yeah. I only wanted the game for multiplayer, and couldn't be arshed to play the single player to unlock everything, and I just downloaded a save file from the internet
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
MidnightRider
32-bit

by MidnightRider Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:I was just expected to lose hours of work with a dumb smile on my face

On top of the topic of conversation here, the fact that you consider it that makes me glad I stick with the classics.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Pichu wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:

Mario Kart can

Yeah. For some reason Guitar hero 5 (Which has online on wii) can be copied and guitar hero 3 (which doesn't) can't. I seem to remember that for some reaosn metal slug anthology wouldnt copy either.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

by JordanPlayer Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:38 am

Yea... it's pretty lame that movable/portable save files (at the very least for single player) have not become standard. I understand some companies are paranoid about people downloading save files and using them to quickly unlock achievements; maybe there is some way to "sign" the save files to an account so you can move them but they only work correctly when loaded under that specific account.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:42 am

Hack your Wii and you can back up almost any save. :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:53 am

ZeroAX wrote:cloud service for game saves can't get here soon enough. Though only if it allows you to send a copy to friends.

Cloud saves are cool, but I think they should save both on your drive and in the cloud. I don't like the idea of being forced to send my saved games to some company's server somewhere (without an option to back them up myself).
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:05 am

The PS3 seems to do this way more than the 360, when I transferred from my 40GB to my 60GB a bunch of saves didn't transfer like Uncharted, Motorstorm, and a few others I'm forgetting now, but to add insult to injury when I 'synced' the trophies, it didn't sync them properly (despite doing it twice) so not only did I have to start Uncharted again, I had to unlock all the fucking trophies again!!

When I went from my 20GB premium to my Elite I transferred all my saves to a memory stick and they all transferred fine, I don't think I had a single one not work... Maybe I just got lucky.

It is quite annoying that this is becoming more of a trend these days, I can't understand the logic behind it, especially since you can unlock every trophy ever within about 20 minutes on a hacked PS3. Technically making trophies absolutely worthless now anyway.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 am

Are you implying that trophies and achievements ever WEREN'T worthless? :)

I've actually had this issue on some gamecube and ps2 games too. Someone explain the reasoning behind THAT one. I just wanted to move my Animal Crossing save dammit.
Return to General Gaming