Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
wootcube
32-bit

Warped Sega Saturn case spines? (Panzer Dragoon Saga)

by wootcube Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

I recently bought a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga online and when it arrived the spine seemed kind of warped...not the plastic itself but the cardstock title label inside the case. Is there any way to take those labels out of the case without destroying the case to try and straighten it out? I haven't really tried because I'm afraid to crack the plastic case.

Besides the spine label, it's in pretty good condition and I really don't want to have to send it back :/

Unrelated to the spine - does anybody know if the black disc sleeves used for PDS are available anywhere other than purchasing another copy of the game? Two of the sleeves are black but one is white...

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT* Fixed the case issue (that was a lot easier then I expected...) but am still a little confused about the sleeves.
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Re: Warped Sega Saturn case spines? (Panzer Dragoon Saga)

by coastercrazy10 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:19 pm

I highly doubt you'll find a legit black paper sleeve (CD 32x games used these as well as PDS, among other games). Your best bet will probably be to just find new ones at staples or something. I'm sure the same style of sleeves are still sold, they just won't be original.

-CC10

EDIT: Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Paper-Sleev ... B000UZXT4E
wootcube
32-bit

by wootcube Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for the link - I might order some, but I've been looking at the original sleeves and I think I might be able to fold my own if I can get the right paper.

The thing about the PDS sleeves is that they have those notches to keep them held in the case...I can't find any retail sleeves with the those.
coastercrazy10
64-bit

by coastercrazy10 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Ohh, I didn't realize they had notches in them. The CD 32x ones are just simple sleeves...didn't realize the PDS sleeves were different.

-CC10
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:17 am

I'm fairly certain (almost positive) that you have original sleeves. just do a google search and you'll find a bunch of other forums that talk of the same issue.
Sega used both black and white sleeves with PDS and some games even had a mix of both.

It's one of those oddities, but don't blame the seller on that one.

For the record, I have a copy with all black sleeves and my friend had one with all white. I used to know a site that documented that variant packaging, but can't find it right now.
...just another lost soul...
wootcube
32-bit

by wootcube Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Thats strange - I did see some with a mix as well on ebay.

I don't have any intention of blaming the seller - it was never specified if the game was complete or anything, I was really surprised when it turned up as nice as it did.

I'm just curious about the sleeves - it's hard to find an exact answer because there's nothing to compare it to really.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:21 pm

nightrnr wrote:For the record, I have a copy with all black sleeves and my friend had one with all white.

yeah my copy of PDS also has the three white sleeves.
I never really looked into that. I kinda thought that the white sleeves were standard. Didn't know that other copies of the game had black sleeves. No big deal either way, I guess.

"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
wootcube
32-bit

by wootcube Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:13 am

Well, it's nice to know that my one white sleeve isn't a replacement at least. Thanks for for the info!
Return to General Gaming