What is you "status piece" in your collection?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: What is you "status piece" in your collection?

Post by D.D.D. »

c0wb0y wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:Dude noiseredux, you are just in love with that thing aren't you? :D

That is a neat piece of gear - and a nice glamour shot. :)

I'm in the same boat with the OP, I don't have any retro gamer friends. My pinball tables are the big showpieces in my game room. After people do see my consoles, they get excited about the Atari Jr. (I have an old Merlin handheld that people like as well.)
I know from reading the forums on this site that my collection doesn't have any real console rarities, but my favorite piece is my Odyssey 2, followed closely by my Atari Pong.

You have pinball machines???????????????????? Dude, I wish I could stop by. I haven't played pinball in over a decade and it's the thing I miss about the demise of the arcade the most. I can't remember many games but High Speed was definitely a fav. :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Not a console or game, but a controller:

Resident Evil 4 PS2 Chainsaw, signed by Bruce Campbell. The block on it that says C4 is from Burn Notice and was used on the show.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fast, were you also the one who told me you had a Power Glove signed by Robert Englund?
Retrozoa
64-bit

Post by Retrozoa »

I have a ton of games, but none really centerpiece worthy. My Master Chief Helmet? Hm. I'd probably say my NES top loader though. It's been with my collection since the beginning, and people seem to display the most interest in it of any of my retro machines.

My recent acquisition of the Charcoal black Neo Geo Pocket Color would be 2nd, as whenever I bring it with me I get one or two curious looks. It's a great conversation sparker(One guy asked me about it, I said it was from 1999, he was amazed it still worked, haha!).

(Sorry no pics)
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Noise, that is one of my best friends. If we ever go to another con he is at I will pay for that autograph. So far I have paid for one autograph on a videogame item - George Lowe (Space Ghost).
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

For me, it's my NES because I have my VIP sticker on top of it that I got when I was a state semifinalist in the Nintendo World Championships of 1990.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Jonesy47
16-bit

Post by Jonesy47 »

Since I had an extra, dysfunctional Famicom laying around, I painted an NES the appropriate colors, took off the Family Computer face plate and glues it to the front lid, gutted the famicom pad and shoved the NES pad innards inside (not as easy a fit as i would have hoped) and, I even have a famicom to nes adapter to use on the bad boy. Off the top of my head, probably my crown jewel just because no one else in the world probably has one just like mine.

EDIT: Sorry about the shitty pic. I really should take better pictures.
Systems: ATARI 2600 - NES - FAMICOM - SNES - N64 - GC - WII - GENESIS - SEGACD - SATURN - DREAMCAST - PSX - PS2 - PS3 - XBOX - XBOX 360 - GB - GBC - GBA - DS - PSP - NEOGEOPOCKET
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Latest is my R.O.B. mod along with the Armatron.

Maybe 5200 Miner 2049er bought brand new at Big 5 office.
Others at my signature link including Vectrex and SX64.
Also maybe the PSX Dual Analog, 2 of them.
Attachments
NES ROB Mod 05.jpg
NES ROB Mod 05.jpg (231.29 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

RiverBoa999
8-bit

Post by RiverBoa999 »

I don't have them all in front of me right now, but I'd say it's a tossup between my black Treamcast or my Panasonic Q. People always ask about those.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)