Not in the mood for gaming

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

Not in the mood for gaming

Post by JC48573 »

The past few months have been pretty crazy for me simply buying and playing games. I've managed to finish some along the way, but now I feel like I don't want to play games "again." There are moments when I just want to play games, so I go to the store and buy the game I want. I've been playing mostly action games like Dead Rising 2, Enslaved, Naruto Storm 2, Fist of the North Star, and recently I tried playing Assassin's Creed 2 before I ever get into Brotherhood (multiplayer is fun though). I think Assassin's Creed 2 really kinda killed the mood for me, but I don't think is the only factor. I simply couldn't get into it after a few hours of playthrough, so I decided to halt the process and return the game and pick it up when is cheap again.

I went to my nearest Gamestop to return some games including Assassin's Creed 2, but there's this new guy at our store who I really don't like to work with. This is the same guy who actually told me that I couldn't cancel my Gran Turismo 5 pre order because Gamestop had received shipment in the warehouse (I wanted to preorder it at Amazon just to save tax), which is funny cause the delay got announced few days later. I was returning 3 games (from buy 2 get 1 free) but I wanted to keep or "rebuy" the game I wanted and put the rest of the money towards Gran Turismo 5 CE. He looked at me confused and "interrogated" me why I was rebuying it "again." After he went through the whole trouble of returning the games and handed the receipt with the game I rebought, I simply left the store quickly w/o looking at the receipt. When I got home, I realized the bastard sold a used game as New. I got it fixed the following day and they promised me that they will check on him. I hope he gets fired because is guys like him that ruins my gaming mood. Please don't give me that BS about people trying to do their job.
Veno
128-bit

Re: Not in the mood for gaming

Post by Veno »

Hhhrrrmmm...
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Why are you letting some guy at gamestop ruin games for you ?
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Every time I start to grow tired of gaming, I just box up my current gen console and break out an older console like my NES or Genesis and then.. BAM! Right back into gaming again :D
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
blackmagepwns
32-bit

Post by blackmagepwns »

Unrelated, but I went into gamestop today to pick up a cord for the 360 controller, only for him to tell me that they don't sell them or give them away. I simply know he is an idiot and ask for the manager, instant cord out of nowhere for free.

Gamestop never ceases to fail me.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

blackmagepwns wrote:Unrelated, but I went into gamestop today to pick up a cord for the 360 controller, only for him to tell me that they don't sell them or give them away. I simply know he is an idiot and ask for the manager, instant cord out of nowhere for free.

Gamestop never ceases to fail me.

I think GameStop came through for you, my friend. The idiot employee, however, failed you. ;)
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Others hobbies and passtimes exist for a reason.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Yet another reason why I don't deal with/shop at Gamestop. :(
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

I never had a issue with any Gamestop I've gone to. I look at what I want, pick it out, go to the register, check the disc for damage if its used, buy it, say no to whatever their offering and go home. Pretty simple shopping experience. The only issue I do have is those fucking stickers on the cases.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

How many Gamestop hate threads do we even have?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428