Black Friday 2010

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reverend
Next-Gen

Re: Black Friday 2010

Post by Reverend »

I've already done some Cyber Monday shopping. Rightstuf had an enormous sale on it's entire stock (more than usual), so I picked up some discount anime. I ended up spending $25 on Spice & Wolf Season 1, $20 on Baccano! the Complete Series, and $17 on Axis Powers Hetalia Season 2.

Now, I'm off to stalk everywhere for a sufficiently discounted copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. :D
itsmattxp
128-bit

Post by itsmattxp »

Reverend wrote:I've already done some Cyber Monday shopping. Rightstuf had an enormous sale on it's entire stock (more than usual), so I picked up some discount anime. I ended up spending $25 on Spice & Wolf Season 1, $20 on Baccano! the Complete Series, and $17 on Axis Powers Hetalia Season 2.

Now, I'm off to stalk everywhere for a sufficiently discounted copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. :D

Know anywhere that is discounting Manga?
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

I would try Rightstuf or Amazon. Both are at least less than retail price.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:Decided to get MGS 4 on amazon instead of Tekken 6.. Did I make the right choice? I plan on getting Tekken 6 soon as well.. It's still going for $10 but for how long I wonder?

MGS 4 is mostly cut scenes. The presentation is very high, but I love fighters because the time you can spend learning each character is endless. Plus my new TE fightstick is in the mail so I will be very busy with SSF4, Blaz Blue CS, and now Tekken 6!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Metal Militia
128-bit

Post by Metal Militia »

Man this was by far my best Black Friday ever. I got

46" LCD HDTV 1080P ( My first HDTV :mrgreen: )

Uncharted 2 = $15
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom - $15
Tekken 6 (360) - $10
Infamous - $10
Fallout 3 (360) - $10
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) - $27
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)- $29
Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - $10

Also got

Kick Ass Blue-Ray = $10
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Blue-Ray = $25 (well this wasn't on sale, but since I was at Walmart I decided to pick it up since the movie is awesome :mrgreen: )

While playing Resident Evil 5 yesterday with a friend, I noticed that there is a stuck pixel on my new TV. :cry: I tried JScreenfix, UDPixel, and pressing on it with a white cloth, but the stuck pixel is still there. Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it. :evil:
Bodmin
32-bit

Post by Bodmin »

Bradtemple87 wrote:
EvilRyu2099 wrote:Decided to get MGS 4 on amazon instead of Tekken 6.. Did I make the right choice? I plan on getting Tekken 6 soon as well.. It's still going for $10 but for how long I wonder?

MGS 4 is mostly cut scenes. The presentation is very high, but I love fighters because the time you can spend learning each character is endless. Plus my new TE fightstick is in the mail so I will be very busy with SSF4, Blaz Blue CS, and now Tekken 6!

I wouldn't say mostly cut scenes, it felt like there wern't as many but just way long.

But to stay on task I got

Mass Effect 2 $10
Crackdown 2 & Batman Arkham Asylum for $15 each
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition $7 after using my sears reward card.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

So I went to my local Target today to get Sin and Punishment and they had is priced at $35. I took it to the scanner and it came up $25 which was a little better. I want my clearance price dammit! I have another location I will try, otherwise I'm waiting for it to drop.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
gennss
128-bit

Post by gennss »

I grabbed sega genesis collection (360) resident evli 5 gold and Tekken 6 all for about 20someodd dollars, all new.
--
Gennss
--
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Bradtemple87 wrote:So I went to my local Target today to get Sin and Punishment and they had is priced at $35. I took it to the scanner and it came up $25 which was a little better. I want my clearance price dammit! I have another location I will try, otherwise I'm waiting for it to drop.
Some Target stores clearance out certain games before other stores. Keep looking! Best of luck to you
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

kinda pissed i bought it for $40 used a couple weeks ago...

black friday was good to me. i got a bike for my 4 year old son for $29, about 12 blu-rays for $5 each, a christmas tree for our house for $30, and a couple other things.

my sister and i are splitting the price of two 32" 720p tv's for our parents. they're both living in the past so it'll be nice to upgrade both of their sets this year. (they are divorced, btw, hence the two tv's instead of one, haha)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller