Gameboy / Gameboy Color Collector..I know you are out there!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Gameboy / Gameboy Color Collector..I know you are out there!

Post by emwearz »

Put it in a normal Gameboy / Super Gameboy and find out.

Though you should be able to tell from the cart itself.
Fickieboy
16-bit

Post by Fickieboy »

I'm pretty sure lots of us would like to se that list after Noise gets his choice
DMG,GBP,GBC,GBAdvance,GBASP,GBMicro,NDSLite,PSP1000,NGPC,Wonderswan,
Nasa(Nesclone),Polystation(Famiclone),PSOne,Ps2Slim,GCN,Dreamcast.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so... :|
Chris Leach
128-bit

Post by Chris Leach »

All I got was a crappy pic cause the lighting was terrible, but I will get another..please check the link here :arrow: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/164055-chris-leach-wanted-thread/page__st__25__gopid__2137672
thanks

and I got backed up yesterday after work, so the list will be coming first dibs to the one and then the rest...

stay tuned as life has me busy atm
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Chris Leach wrote:All I got was a crappy pic cause the lighting was terrible, but I will get another..please check the link here :arrow: Image
thanks

and I got backed up yesterday after work, so the list will be coming first dibs to the one and then the rest...

sure no prob.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Chris Leach wrote:All I got was a crappy pic cause the lighting was terrible, but I will get another..please check the link here :arrow: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/164055-chris-leach-wanted-thread/page__st__25__gopid__2137672
thanks

very blurry -- but it would have to be a bootleg. The fact that it has the "only for Game Boy Color" tag on the label would make no sense on a gray cart. It wouldn't even make sense on a black cart, because gray/black are made to fit in an original GB. The only games that say "ONLY for GBC" are clear carts because they physically can ONLY fit in a GBC system.
Chris Leach
128-bit

Post by Chris Leach »

im gonna get a clearer picture, but it doesnt look bootleg at all..it even has the official gb numbering code on the left side of the sticker.....looks official
but like I said it was dark and i was using a flash and had lights on in the room last night around midnight...couldnt get a good pic. let me get a couple more shots for you guys....looks real....

chris

plus, i live in michigan...this game has been owned for years....way before the internet and buying all sorts of stuff.....maybe since 98 or so? I think its been in my collection for a long time....
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I understand that it LOOKS official, but what I'm saying is it doesn't even make sense to put a "ONLY for GBC" tag on a cart that can actually fit inside an original GB. They didn't start putting that tag on games until the clear carts came out to warn people that if they only had an original GB this new clear cart would not fit inside it. Y'know?
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

I suggest taking your 1942 cartridge and compare it with the other gray cartridges that you have and look for differences.

If you do a search on Ebay, you can see some color pictures of the cartridge. It's clear. Also, the label is different than the one in your fuzzy picture, especially the part below the ESRB rating.

It's probably a gray cartridge so that you can't easily see that it's a fake.

Bootleg cartridges have existed before the internet.