Page 2 of 4

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:03 pm
by Ack
I watched all three levels. That was painful, and you're definitely a better man than I for putting up with all of that. Yeesh. Congratulations on beating that, you've definitely earned it.

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:23 pm
by RadarScope1
Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game. If you're playing, add me: Radarscope1.

The game is nothing short of stellar. I have the Madcatz drumpad and, despite the level of difficulty, it's a joy to play. Perfect mix of frustration vs progress. Of course, I haven't tried to tackle the Kid warp yet.... :)

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm
by Jrecee
I played the demo. I found it irritating that you have a limited number of lives in the retro/warp areas. Not really suited to such a trial and error game imo.

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:42 pm
by Riqz85
Just added u on xbl Radar! And yeah I totally agree. 10/10 for meatboy. It's competing for my personal GOTY game.

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm
by Riqz85
Jrecee wrote:I played the demo. I found it irritating that you have a limited number of lives in the retro/warp areas. Not really suited to such a trial and error game imo.


It's only for some of the warp zones (only found 3 of that kind so far) and tbh they're pretty easy once u get the hang of it. You can still retry them as many times as you like!

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm
by Dakinggamer87
I played the demo and enjoyed it!! I will be picking it up before the sale ends. :)

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:19 pm
by jfe2
I recently beat the game and never actually found that warp zone. I'll have to go back to try it out.

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 pm
by ZenLogikos
RadarScope1 wrote:Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game.


Easy there! You know I would have bought this - Day One, but I'm currently unemployed. A lot of free time, but no monies... I'll have it soon enough, then your level times will fall! :P

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 pm
by Xonticus
I'll hafta pick this up on steam when it comes out late November... I hope its game pad compatible

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm
by RadarScope1
ZenLogikos wrote:
RadarScope1 wrote:Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game.


Easy there! You know I would have bought this - Day One, but I'm currently unemployed. A lot of free time, but no monies... I'll have it soon enough, then your level times will fall! :P


Been wondering where you were on this one. It's right in your wheelhouse.

@Jrecee - those warp zones are maybe 4% of the overall game. They are bonus levels designed for extra challenge, hence the limited lives. The other 96% of SMB is much more fast paced. Shame to judge the demo and the game based on the warps.