Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Super Meatboy (Want to share my frustration)

Post by Ack »

I watched all three levels. That was painful, and you're definitely a better man than I for putting up with all of that. Yeesh. Congratulations on beating that, you've definitely earned it.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game. If you're playing, add me: Radarscope1.

The game is nothing short of stellar. I have the Madcatz drumpad and, despite the level of difficulty, it's a joy to play. Perfect mix of frustration vs progress. Of course, I haven't tried to tackle the Kid warp yet.... :)
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I played the demo. I found it irritating that you have a limited number of lives in the retro/warp areas. Not really suited to such a trial and error game imo.
Riqz85
64-bit

Post by Riqz85 »

Just added u on xbl Radar! And yeah I totally agree. 10/10 for meatboy. It's competing for my personal GOTY game.
Riqz85
64-bit

Post by Riqz85 »

Jrecee wrote:I played the demo. I found it irritating that you have a limited number of lives in the retro/warp areas. Not really suited to such a trial and error game imo.

It's only for some of the warp zones (only found 3 of that kind so far) and tbh they're pretty easy once u get the hang of it. You can still retry them as many times as you like!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I played the demo and enjoyed it!! I will be picking it up before the sale ends. :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I recently beat the game and never actually found that warp zone. I'll have to go back to try it out.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

RadarScope1 wrote:Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game.

Easy there! You know I would have bought this - Day One, but I'm currently unemployed. A lot of free time, but no monies... I'll have it soon enough, then your level times will fall! :P
Last edited by ZenLogikos on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

I'll hafta pick this up on steam when it comes out late November... I hope its game pad compatible
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

ZenLogikos wrote:
RadarScope1 wrote:Glad someone is playing this. I am shocked that only two fellow Racketboy members on my friends list also has this game.

Easy there! You know I would have bought this - Day One, but I'm currently unemployed. A lot of free time, but no monies... I'll have it soon enough, then your level times will fall! :P

Been wondering where you were on this one. It's right in your wheelhouse.

@Jrecee - those warp zones are maybe 4% of the overall game. They are bonus levels designed for extra challenge, hence the limited lives. The other 96% of SMB is much more fast paced. Shame to judge the demo and the game based on the warps.