Do you paly TV/Movie franchise games?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Do you paly TV/Movie franchise games?

Post by Pulsar_t »

flamepanther wrote:If they're any good, I'll play them. 90% of them might be utter garbage, but we do get the occasional Arkham Asylum.

AFAIK there's no television show about Arkham Asylum? I forgot to mention one severely overlooked game:

This is as good as it gets if we want a third Ghostbusters movie, which, incidentally, will never be made.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
tylerbgood
16-bit

Post by tylerbgood »

I just thought of 2 more franchises that warrant a mention in this thread:

Transformers - War for Cybertron and the 2004 PS2 game are both pretty fun games. Definitely very playable anyway.

The Simpsons - The list of Simpsons games is huge, the list of GOOD Simpsons games is considerably smaller. The best being: the arcade game, Hit & Run, the 2007 self-titled game, the old "Bart vs." series, Krusty's Funhouse, and Bart's Nightmare.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I'm pretty sure they've started on the 3rd ghostbusters movie now. Bill murray even appeared in his ghostbusters uniform on the scream awards (i think that's what it was called).

Licensed games have always been hit or miss, but I think in the 8 and 16 bit days it was a lot easier to make a quality licensed game. These days it takes 2-3 years to make a good game, but licensed games have to be rushed to come out at the same time as the movies. The fact that any good movie games come out today is amazing.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Pulsar_t wrote:AFAIK there's no television show about Arkham Asylum?

There is one for Batman: The Brave and the Bold, at least.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Pulsar_t wrote:
flamepanther wrote:If they're any good, I'll play them. 90% of them might be utter garbage, but we do get the occasional Arkham Asylum.

AFAIK there's no television show about Arkham Asylum? I forgot to mention one severely overlooked game:

This is as good as it gets if we want a third Ghostbusters movie, which, incidentally, will never be made.

Unfortuntately, that game had really, really sloppy gameplay. Everything else about it was perfect though, but the gameplay was basically you die a random death and wait for one of your Ghostbuster buddies to revive you. That game would have been unplayable if you team mates weren't able to re-spawn you when you died

I'll second some already mentioned games. Arkham Asylum, War for Cybertron, Peter Jackson's movie games(anyone who deliberately seeks out the creator of Beyond Good and Evil for a licensed game is an awesome dude in my book)

Still, great licensed ames aren't exactly the norm. Though things were quite different when Capcom and Konami were buying up every license they could back in the 8-bit and 16-bit days. You don't typically see AAA caliber developers like them doing licensed games these days
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
soul_hacker
64-bit

Post by soul_hacker »

When it comes to movie/TV games, I get some and it's usually anime-based, like Gundam. The Fist of the North Star game that finally came to the US is really good.