Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Lazer
64-bit

Re: Do any of the Halos deserve critical reception they got?

by Lazer Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox/472132-halo-combat-evolved/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox/562116-halo-2/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/926632-halo-3/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/960512-halo-reach/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/954261-halo-3-odst/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/935835-halo-wars/index.html

I have to say that you have to be a total idiot/fanboy to believe they deserve the scores they've gotten.

Halo: CE was a competent but unremarkable shooter with a forgettable soundtrack. It should've gotten scores of 8s or 7s or 6s

Halo 2 was slightly better, but it was more of the same. It should've gotten 7s or 6s or 5s

Halo 3 is one of the worst FPS of this gen, even worse than the last two. It should've gotten scores of 5s or 4s or even 3s.

Halo 3 ODST was a painful experience, and an over-priced piece of shit. It should have gotten 2s or 3s.

Halo Wars was abysmal, that is all.

Reach was better than 3, but it was average at best. It deserved scores of 6s or 5s.

It quite clear to anyone who has good taste or mid to high standards to video games, that reviewers were obviously bribed by M$ to get such undeserved high scores.

TROLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! You seem like a douche, too. But I guess that kind of goes hand-in-hand with being a troll. Troll. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Lazer wrote:TROLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! You seem like a douche, too.

Does this really seem necessary? I thought we were above stuff like this here at Racketboy. This makes you seem just as bad as him.
TheTrueVeteranGamer
8-bit

by TheTrueVeteranGamer Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:36 pm

alienjesus wrote:

Does this really seem necessary? I thought we were above stuff like this here at Racketboy. This makes you seem just as bad as him.
Most users of the Racketboy community are not Halo fans, because they're smart peoples.
Flake

by Flake Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:39 pm

TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:Most users of the Racketboy community are not Halo fans, because they're smart peoples.

You have like 12 posts, all of them about hating Halo. What do you know about the Racketboy community?
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Lazer
64-bit

by Lazer Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:41 pm

alienjesus wrote:

Yes I think it is necessary considering he is telling us to "go fuck ourselves" and calling us idiots. Maybe I am just doing exactly what he wants, since he is clearly a troll, but whatever, I felt like saying it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheTrueVeteranGamer
8-bit

by TheTrueVeteranGamer Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Flake wrote:
TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:Most users of the Racketboy community are not Halo fans, because they're smart peoples.

You have like 12 posts, all of them about hating Halo. What do you know about the Racketboy community?
Like many internet forum user, they find Halo overrated. If you ask people on the internet what games do they find overrated, 98% of them will say Halo. Most people on the internet aren't Halo fans, but a lot of people in real-life are. Because people on the internet are smarter than people in real-life.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:45 pm

I understand the order of the day is to trash mainstream games and praise the so called understated. Some of these understated games are pure trash. Do I think the Halo series is a masterpiece...nope. Imo, the Halo series is a blast, but I wouldn't hail it as the second coming. People have these issues with identifying themselves with something esoteric and obscure. :roll:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Flake

by Flake Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 pm

TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:Like many internet forum user, they find Halo overrated. If you ask people on the internet what games do they find overrated, 98% of them will say Halo. Most people on the internet aren't Halo fans, but a lot of people in real-life are. Because people on the internet are smarter than people in real-life.

Kholdstare? Bobbynewmarkwii? Budsmoka? Is that you?!
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
TheTrueVeteranGamer
8-bit

by TheTrueVeteranGamer Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:51 pm

s1mplehumar wrote:I understand the order of the day is to trash mainstream games and praise the so called understated. Some of these understated games are pure trash. Do I think the Halo series is a masterpiece...nope. Imo, the Halo series is a blast, but I wouldn't hail it as the second coming. People have these issues with identifying themselves with something esoteric and obscure. :roll:
Aha! So you do agree none of the Halo games deserve scores of 9s and 10s, right?
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

by t0yrobo Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Veterangamer, if you can't say WHY you don't like Halo than just shut up. Making lists of games that are "objectively" doesn't mean anything if you don't understand and can't explain why they are better.
Back in high school I had a English teacher who didn't care if you thought a book was stupid, but you had to be able to say why you thought it was stupid. So for example, if I were to state that you are a stupid troll I could back that statement up with the fact that you've created a dupe of a locked thread, repeatedly made inflammatory posts towards other members, and never actually explained in any sort of detail why you think Halo is garbage. See what I did there, I used objective examples to back up my subjective statement, english teachers love it when you do that sort of thing :wink: .
Return to General Gaming