Do any of the Halos deserve critical reception they got?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TheTrueVeteranGamer
8-bit

Re: Do any of the Halos deserve critical reception they got?

Post by TheTrueVeteranGamer »

t0yrobo wrote:Image

Veterangamer, if you can't say WHY you don't like Halo than just shut up. Making lists of games that are "objectively" doesn't mean anything if you don't understand and can't explain why they are better.
Back in high school I had a English teacher who didn't care if you thought a book was stupid, but you had to be able to say why you thought it was stupid. So for example, if I were to state that you are a stupid troll I could back that statement up with the fact that you've created a dupe of a locked thread, repeatedly made inflammatory posts towards other members, and never actually explained in any sort of detail why you think Halo is garbage. See what I did there, I used objective examples to back up my subjective statement, english teachers love it when you do that sort of thing :wink: .
I believe Halo is overrated because most people on the internet do. Isn't that valid enough? I mean, everyone knows people on the internet are smarter than people in real-life.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:I believe Halo is overrated because most people on the internet do. Isn't that valid enough? I mean, everyone knows people on the internet are smarter than people in real-life.

This is quite possibly the most idiotic statement I have ever read.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
lwcook
128-bit

Post by lwcook »

TheTrueVeteranGamer wrote:I believe Halo is overrated because most people on the internet do. Isn't that valid enough? I mean, everyone knows people on the internet are smarter than people in real-life.

I agree that people on the internet are smart. The internet is awesome; a real place where smart people they come together.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Looking at the recent Halo topics on here is reminding me of one of the reasons I've never gotten into shooters more. It gets tiresome always hearing people say stuff like, "you're stupid for playing shooters with a controller"or "you liked the first Halo? The fact that you liked any Halo game makes you an idiot"

It would be so nice if people could just let others enjoy any shooter they want on any platform that they want. That sort of snobbish attitude towards console shooters or Halo fans just tends to turn some people off of the genre entirely. Not that I'm a fan of the Halo series, other than liking the first one, but I don't think any other genre brings up as many flame wars on the internet as shooters do, and Halo always seems to be in the middle of it. It gets tiresome

By the way, part of me thinks TheTrueVeteranGamer is having a good laugh at others expense. We should probably stop paying attention to him
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:

Wha...???!!!
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

swiftzx wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:

Wha...???!!!

There are smart people on the Internet, such as most of this community; however, if you have ever read GameSpot's forums or comments on popular YouTube videos, you will see where I'm coming from.

At least MY validity has some actual proof to back it up, instead of other people's opinions.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Ack

Post by Ack »

I have locked this thread because it is little more than rehash of a previously locked thread.

TrueVeteranGamer, you are allowed to have your opinions, but please don't make them intentionally derisive or insult other people's tastes in games with them. It's bad form, especially from someone who is not an established member of this forum.