Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Arbitern1
128-bit

Universal Game cases and where to print inserts.

by Arbitern1 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

What is the best universal game case and what would be the best place to print game inserts? What type of paper would be the best to pring them on?
ChuChu Flamingo
64-bit

Re: Universal Game cases and where to print inserts.

by ChuChu Flamingo Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 pm

The ones from mediashelving are good. Only thing I did was rip off the inert because it yellows over time potentially damaging the inside of the game and anything around it.

Another reason is that the clarity of the printed image is reduced when sleeve is on because it has a texture.

I then printed them at staples on legal sized glossy paper (8x14) and attached them via double sided clear tape. Here is how they look.

Boaradoor
24-bit

by Boaradoor Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:57 am

Love those custom covers! Did you make them, I found them on Cover Project! Now only if the N64 could have custom covers like that!
Life is as good as your game!
ChuChu Flamingo
64-bit

by ChuChu Flamingo Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 am

Got mine from the cover project.Some Nintendo 64 games do have customs. They are vertical and universal. I will be printing some more tomorrow so i'll post how they are when it gets done.
jmsajdak
8-bit

by jmsajdak Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:05 am

I may try your method as I have access to a color laser printer at work and just have to pick up some glossy legal paper. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. How much double sided tape do you use?

2. How is it when opening the cases?

ChuChu Flamingo wrote:The ones from mediashelving are good. Only thing I did was rip off the inert because it yellows over time potentially damaging the inside of the game and anything around it.

Another reason is that the clarity of the printed image is reduced when sleeve is on because it has a texture.

I then printed them at staples on legal sized glossy paper (8x14) and attached them via double sided clear tape. Here is how they look.

poundrick

by poundrick Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

Talking about the universal game cases does anyone know where to get them in the UK, the company you mention in this thread do not deliver to the UK.
ChuChu Flamingo
64-bit

by ChuChu Flamingo Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Red box is where I put the double sided tape. Just make sure you start on the spine first as that is where everything lines up properly. Also make sure when the tape is in place on the case it has no air bubbles.

I would keep one case with the sleeve so you can put it in and get it bent to shape before taping to one without one.

The cases are a tiny bit hard to open but that is just the design of them. With the insert taped on, I would say you can open it 90 degrees making a L shape. You can do more than that, but really, that is all I do to get my games out.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 am

The best place to get covers is at Cover Project :D
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
ChuChu Flamingo
64-bit

by ChuChu Flamingo Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 am

Here is how the Nintendo 64 is. Printed them on non-glossy paper. Their not perfect, but good enough.

Return to General Gaming