Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: I am terrible at Metal Gear

Post by Pulsar_t »

D.D.D. wrote:
Niode wrote:
TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:Use your Radar

Won't work on MGS 3 and 4... Best to learn to deal without it before it gets removed from your equipment and you won't have a clue what to do.

Coulda sworn it was in MGS 3... unless you were spotted (or chose a higher difficulty level).

MGS3 was my first foray into the MGS universe (MG1+2 before it on another platform). The radar was removed from MGS3 iirc, and that made the former two titles more of a walk a park for me. I don't think MGS even has an easy option?
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

every metal gear requires PATIENCE!

this cannot be stressed enough, when u move to new areas watch your enemies movement patterns and then plan your sneaking or attacks around that.

MGS4 is the only metal gear where you can go all out Guns blazing and not compromise your life.
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

Ivo wrote:What about Boktai games? They have a bit of stealth built into them (the second one less so).

Maybe a good series to try out to get used to stealthy action.

Ivo.

Thats kind of funny that you mentioned that one, that is another game made by Hideo Kojima!
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

This is MGS in a nutshell
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
jeffesaurusrex
8-bit

Post by jeffesaurusrex »

I always play through trying to remain unseen but also killing a crapload of people. If somebody might see me or is patrolling where I want to go I'll just light them up with a silenced gun or sneak up and break their neck. While this applies well to the 3D games, I seriously suck at the NES versions and I can never make it past the first few screens.

But I seriously love the 3D games, they are some of my favorite games ever and MGS1 was my first true gaming love as a teenager.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:
Ivo wrote:What about Boktai games? They have a bit of stealth built into them (the second one less so).

Maybe a good series to try out to get used to stealthy action.

Ivo.

Thats kind of funny that you mentioned that one, that is another game made by Hideo Kojima!

I know, and it wasn't a coincidence :) They are good games regardless of the gimmick of the solar sensor (I actually enjoyed the "gimmick"). Some very decent stealth action particularly on the first one (the third is not as focused on stealth, and the second is the least focused on stealth).

Ivo.
neilencio
64-bit

Post by neilencio »

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Batman: Arkham Asylum also works as great gateways to stealth games. Both allow you to use direct combat instead of stealth, but the stealth approach is easy enough for newbies, and looks damn cooler than the direct approach.
Visit my wife's blog: Pinay Geek
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

neilencio wrote:Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Batman: Arkham Asylum also works as great gateways to stealth games. Both allow you to use direct combat instead of stealth, but the stealth approach is easy enough for newbies, and looks damn cooler than the direct approach.

Except in VtM Bloodlines if you used the diplomacy or stealth approach, you're gimped at the end.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
darthmunky
Next-Gen

Post by darthmunky »

I am the same way, I've tried to play MGS games but I just can't do it. I find them way too complex. I think the most I played was like half an hour of MGS2... I tried the MGS4 demo on PS3 and couldn't even control it!!! I had no idea what I was doing. But I AM a Splinter Cell man, love those games.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

I'm not much into stealth games. I'm more of a "run and gun, kill everybody" kinda guy, like Max Payne & Gears :D
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)