I am terrible at Metal Gear

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: I am terrible at Metal Gear

Post by Pulsar_t »

Do we have any Thief veterans here? I for one wouldn't mind a 'streamlined' sequel for that particular series.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

I like the idea of stealth-based games, but I lack the patience to actually play them :(
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Pulsar_t wrote:Do we have any Thief veterans here? I for one wouldn't mind a 'streamlined' sequel for that particular series.

Yes I love the Thief series. Fantastic atmosphere.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
silverback
24-bit

Post by silverback »

I completed MGS thought it was great. got the rest never really liked them.

My cousin and a few mates have played them through back and forwards got everything etc but i don't know how they get the time or have the patience for it.

I might watch someones play through one day
Own: Spectrum 48k x2, Amiga 500, NES, SNES, Gameboy Color x 3, Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System II x 2, GameGear x 4, Megadrive x 2, Saturn, Dreamcast x 3, Playstation x 3, PSP 2003, PS2 Slimline, PS3 Slimline 160GB, Xbox, Xbox 360 Elite
Ack

Post by Ack »

I enjoy a quality stealth action game from time to time. If Metal Gear isn't your cup of tea, why not try something like Tenchu or Hitman? While all three utilize stealth, all three feel very different in their aims and designs. I found Tenchu to be the easiest to get into off the bat, but they're all rewarding.

And if you'd rather go a more horrific route, there's always Penumbra.
cubingmelons
8-bit

Post by cubingmelons »

Wow, thanks for the input everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who is awful at stealth games.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Ack wrote:I enjoy a quality stealth action game from time to time. If Metal Gear isn't your cup of tea, why not try something like Tenchu or Hitman? While all three utilize stealth, all three feel very different in their aims and designs. I found Tenchu to be the easiest to get into off the bat, but they're all rewarding.

If you get sucked in by Hitman prepare to lose days to it. That game is like crack. The games are marvellous in the way that they give absolutely nothing away, just your objectives and your equipment. It's up to you how to solve the physical puzzle. If you like solving puzzles then the Hitman games are fantastic. Plus the soundtracks are by the ever wonderful Jesper Kyd so at least you'll enjoy listening to it if you can't figure out what to do next.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Ack

Post by Ack »

Niode wrote:
Ack wrote:I enjoy a quality stealth action game from time to time. If Metal Gear isn't your cup of tea, why not try something like Tenchu or Hitman? While all three utilize stealth, all three feel very different in their aims and designs. I found Tenchu to be the easiest to get into off the bat, but they're all rewarding.

If you get sucked in by Hitman prepare to lose days to it. That game is like crack. The games are marvellous in the way that they give absolutely nothing away, just your objectives and your equipment. It's up to you how to solve the physical puzzle. If you like solving puzzles then the Hitman games are fantastic. Plus the soundtracks are by the ever wonderful Jesper Kyd so at least you'll enjoy listening to it if you can't figure out what to do next.

Plus, you can pick up the Hitman Trilogy these days, which includes Blood Money, Silent Assassin, and Contracts. If you're just getting into Hitman, it's a great way to do it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

What about Boktai games? They have a bit of stealth built into them (the second one less so).

Maybe a good series to try out to get used to stealthy action.

Ivo.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Niode wrote:
TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:Use your Radar

Won't work on MGS 3 and 4... Best to learn to deal without it before it gets removed from your equipment and you won't have a clue what to do.

Coulda sworn it was in MGS 3... unless you were spotted (or chose a higher difficulty level).
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)