Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Re: Console Icon CREATION!! Whoa

by slowslow325 Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Limewater wrote:
final fight cd wrote:i think it is pretty cool idea. plus they look pixelated, giving them a 'retro' look.

My signature is more retro than all of your fancy new-school pixel art icons.

You speak the truth.
Para
128-bit

by Para Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:12 pm

I made it from scratch and it is supposed to look a little grainy because of shadowing and that's the only way I can make the logo somewhat recognizable. The filetype doesn't matter it looks the way I intended it.

I might redo the texture later to give it a simpler look
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Para wrote:I made it from scratch and it is supposed to look a little grainy because of shadowing and that's the only way I can make the logo somewhat recognizable. The filetype doesn't matter it looks the way I intended it.

JPEG compression does not handle sharp edges well, and pixel art is all about sharp edges. If you blow up your icon in GIMP or something, you'll see that your "white" background isn't even all the same color anymore. This means one can't set a transparent background as easily. It's fine that you intended shadows, but if you zoom in, you'll see that the shadows the compression gives you aren't really the ones you drew. If you want your pixel art creation to be true to what you drew, you should use PNG, GIF, BMP, etc.
Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
Return to General Gaming