Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Dylan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Dylan Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 pm

flamepanther wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:...so what's going on with Mega Man Legends 3 now?
It looks like they'll be making it without him. I'm really sad about that, because he's wanted to make that game for a very long time.

Yeah, which is why I'm so surprised to see him go right now. Mega Man Legends was the lone game he actually wanted to make. I guess that speaks volumes about how he feels for Capcom.
Image
Image
User avatar
Para
128-bit
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Para Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Heres what I think:

Resident Evil 5 was terrible. Every Mega Man game since Mega Man X3 was fucking terrible with the exception of the recent Mega Man 9 and 10 games. Street Fighter 4 was disappointing.

Thats all I know about recent Capcom games.
User avatar
flamepanther
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by flamepanther Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Para wrote:Every Mega Man game since Mega Man X3 was fucking terrible with the exception of the recent Mega Man 9 and 10 games.
I thought the Zero and ZX games (made by the same team of Inafune and Inticreates that made 9 and 10) were fantastic. I don't think he had much involvement in the X series past X5, which was a let down after X4, but far from terrible IMO--it felt like it was a good game left unfinished. X5-8 only credit him as "Special Thanks". The Legends series was the closest I saw to a 3D Metroid experience for several years. Dead Rising was one of his projects, and that was fantastic. He had a lot left to contribute.
Image
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Gamerforlife Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm

flamepanther wrote:
Para wrote:Every Mega Man game since Mega Man X3 was fucking terrible with the exception of the recent Mega Man 9 and 10 games.
I thought the Zero and ZX games (made by the same team of Inafune and Inticreates that made 9 and 10) were fantastic. I don't think he had much involvement in the X series past X5, which was a let down after X4, but far from terrible IMO--it felt like it was a good game left unfinished. X5-8 only credit him as "Special Thanks". The Legends series was the closest I saw to a 3D Metroid experience for several years. Dead Rising was one of his projects, and that was fantastic. He had a lot left to contribute.


There are a number of post Mega Man X3 games that I'd take over Mega Man 9 and 10 without even giving it a second thought. Mega Man 9 and 10=the same crap you played from Mega Man 1-6.

Dead Rising was far from excellent, but I did enjoy the ideas presented in that game and would like to try Dead Rising 2 at some point as I'm hoping it's a more refined and more smartly designed game than the original. It seems they got rid of the so ridiculous it's painful survival achievements. That's a good sign
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Bradtemple87 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm still bummed about this, megaman legends 3 feels bittersweet when I say the title now
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21044
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Ack Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 pm

I have a few titles to mention that Inafune helped produce which I enjoyed:

Onimusha and Onimusha 2 - While I feel the series went downhill with the third, which admittedly Inafune was an executive producer on, the first two games are excellent in my opinion, and he was a producer on both.

Resident Evil 2 - Inafune was promotion producer...not really a big job in terms of gameplay, but I appreciate his contribution.

Inafune was also a graphic designer for Duck Tales and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and helped with character designs on Breath of Fire. In recent years he's worked on the Lost Planet series, the Dead Rising series, Dark Void, and others, all as a producer or executive producer. And there are still two games he helped produce that aren't out yet, so we'll have to see how they are.

Just figured I'd throw this info out there. I figure he probably had grown tired with the work Capcom was giving him and the fact that he was no longer advancing in the company. He hit his peak as far as they were concerned.

That said, despite recent offerings not being stellar, I'm keeping my faith in Capcom. Sure, some of you will argue that their games haven't been the best for the past...what, decade? And yes, we are growing tired of seeing old franchises over and over again. But we have seen some new stuff from them in the last decade which I believe deserves some credit: Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, and Lost Planet are all series they've created within the last 10 years. How many of us can honestly say we haven't liked at least one game from the 6 series I just named? I say give them time and we'll see some new properties that will amaze us, even if we feel the older ones have gotten stale.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by Bradtemple87 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 pm

Ack wrote:I have a few titles to mention that Inafune helped produce which I enjoyed:

Onimusha and Onimusha 2 - While I feel the series went downhill with the third, which admittedly Inafune was an executive producer on, the first two games are excellent in my opinion, and he was a producer on both.

Resident Evil 2 - Inafune was promotion producer...not really a big job in terms of gameplay, but I appreciate his contribution.

Inafune was also a graphic designer for Duck Tales and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and helped with character designs on Breath of Fire. In recent years he's worked on the Lost Planet series, the Dead Rising series, Dark Void, and others, all as a producer or executive producer. And there are still two games he helped produce that aren't out yet, so we'll have to see how they are.

Just figured I'd throw this info out there. I figure he probably had grown tired with the work Capcom was giving him and the fact that he was no longer advancing in the company. He hit his peak as far as they were concerned.

That said, despite recent offerings not being stellar, I'm keeping my faith in Capcom. Sure, some of you will argue that their games haven't been the best for the past...what, decade? And yes, we are growing tired of seeing old franchises over and over again. But we have seen some new stuff from them in the last decade which I believe deserves some credit: Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, and Lost Planet are all series they've created within the last 10 years. How many of us can honestly say we haven't liked at least one game from the 6 series I just named? I say give them time and we'll see some new properties that will amaze us, even if we feel the older ones have gotten stale.


funny you mentioned those, I was thinking about breath of fire and resident evil today
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
User avatar
the7k
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by the7k Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 pm

I wanted Haruki Suigetsu's design. I guess people love generic heroines though.

As for Inafune... it's a shame he has quit, as he has made many great games. A long time ago. Back in the SNES & PSX era.

Everything he's been involved with this generation, though, has made me question him sharply. His focus on Westernification, his complete abandonment of franchises that didn't line up with his Westernification (Onimusha, Breath of Fire), his "Japanese games are teh suck" doom and gloom announcements, wasting time and money on mediocre-to-poor games like Dark Void and Lost Planet 2 (I tried to like both these games. I really did. I couldn't.)

... yeah. Lotta mixed feelings on this for me, personally. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom ended up making better games without him, to be honest. I do hope he eventually returns to the industry, hopefully after finding himself and making games the way he used to.
User avatar
GSZX1337
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Madison, TN

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by GSZX1337 Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:Mega Man 9 and 10=the same crap you played from Mega Man 1-6.

That's a bit of an overstatement, imo. While Mega Man 9 was a fun trip down memory lane, it was also one of (if not the most) polished and well-designed Mega Man games. Kind of like when a band has a good reunion tour (yes, I know that's rare). Mega Man 10 is almost the opposite: It was the same trip down memory lane, two years after we stopped giving a shit. It is also one of (if not the worst) designed Mega Man game.

(When I say "Mega Man game" I mean the Classic Mega Man series.)

the7k wrote:I wanted Haruki Suigetsu's design. I guess people love generic heroines though.

Is it just me, or do most of those entries look like they belong in the Mega Man Zero or ZX games?

wasting time and money on mediocre-to-poor games like Dark Void and Lost Planet 2 (I tried to like both these games. I really did. I couldn't.)

I actually liked Dark Void (from what I've played of it). Unfortunately, I had to pirate the damn game since I couldn't adjust the configuration file in the demo and I hadn't committed to buying it, yet. After messing with the configuration on the PC version for smooth mouse controls* I had fun with the game.

*The biggest complaint for Dark Void is its shitty mouse controls.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
User avatar
christoph
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Inafune quits Capcom

by christoph Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 am

Capcom is barely keeping up," Inafune added. "I want to study how Westerners live, and make games that appeal to them.


lame
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests