Sega Outrun Online Arcade TERMINATED

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Sega Outrun Online Arcade TERMINATED

Post by D.D.D. »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:(runs out to buy 360......seriously)

Where's the evidence?~ :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

HungryGarou wrote:
t0yrobo wrote:Wow, wat to screw up Sega. I'm glad I have it for oxbox already, but I might grab it for 360 anyways while I still can.

Is this game basically an HD outrun 2, or is it completely different?

I'm pretty certain it is, I haven't looked into it in since it came out though. The game looks great on the oxbox throgh component, but I wouldn't mind tossing Sega $10 for bringing out good games.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

It's nowhere to be found :shock: not in history of doawloads or cart either, but that probably makes sense.
Not on jp, US, DE, NL or HK either!!!
fuk, why was this not announced, it would have sold lots!
Great strategy. Put content on psn, then after a year launch a campaign on how it will be removed within 2 weeks from PSN. people WILL buy it. I would, now.... I need to buy another second hand ps3 with this rare ps3 downloaded game on it :shock:
I don't blame anyone for not sharing their account btw, I now understand the risks involved :oops:
this sucks. Now I will have to ask everyone I know with a PS3 if they have this, hey I might pull a gun on strangers in the street, gimme your credentials! :lol:
OK, so now I am ready to piratemod my ps3, can I then haz this game?

Check this comment on Kotaku:
Cancel the Captain America game and use the funds to renew your license, Sega. We all know it's (probably) going to suck like Iron Man 2 did.
I feel the same way :lol:
Last edited by d123456 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

It only included the 15 OutRun2SP tracks. Not the original tracks. So it was sort of inferior anyhow. It's still on Xbox 360 btw.

Anyhow this is exactly the reason why I would never buy a "Games On Demand" game on XBL or a "Full" game from PSN instead of their Disc based counterparts. Not only are you paying more money, but you can potentially lose your ability to play games you payed for in the future. DRM = fail.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

ujnhunter wrote:It only included the 15 OutRun2SP tracks. Not the original tracks. So it was sort of inferior anyhow.
Thst's the reason I never got it in the first place I have ps2 outrun2sp (proud owner)
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Well, the only thing that looks odd graphically-wise in the OutRun 2 PC port is that the other cars look boxy and I very much doubt that was improved upon.

So, for now, I'm failing to see why they terminating this is an issue. I may see it harming the OutRun community however.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

d123456 wrote:
ujnhunter wrote:Thst's the reason I never got it in the first place I have ps2 outrun2sp (proud owner)

Well, then you seem like you're doing fine. Outrun 2 SP is superior to Outrun Online HD in every way except the HD and online parts, which aren't a big deal. The online part is virtually redundant, and the HD part isn't really a huge issue from my point of view.

I used to have both Outrun 2 and 2 SP on X-Box, but that was a few years ago. I bought the PS3 version a few weeks ago because I really wanted some modern Outrun and the PS2 version is a bit pricey. I would be totally content with the PS2 version, to be honest.

The part that really does piss me off is that this is a product that people have legitimately purchased. Now, if their PS3 breaks or whatever and they have to replace it, they can never again have access to this game that they legally bought. It is moral robbery, as far as I'm concerned (not legal, I guess, but this is certainly wrong from a moral standpoint IMO).
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Wow this sucks -- I was planning on getting this soon too...
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

*Looks at Sony and gives best Jeff Spicoli impersonation*

.. "Hey bud, what's your problem?"
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)