October 18th...

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Re: 1 week from today...

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

It's time to blow out NES carts and play some classics!! I definitely need to go pickup that Nintendo Power issue!! :D
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

sevin0seven wrote:also, you guys should pick up the special issue of Nintendo Power # 260. It has special section of the 25th anniversary of NES and revisits some of the best classic game it has to offer.

here's the front cover (it actually has a silver shine background, but can't see in the pic):

the free poster:

and the back of the poster:

I picked this up yesterday as well. I wish the poster was the classic yellow mario 3 cover, but the blue looks great
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Wow, Nemo made it to the cover.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

hashiriya1 wrote:Wow, Nemo made it to the cover.

yep, Nemo made it but Donkey Kong didn't. oh well.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Niode wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:Hmm... You think Nintendo has anything planned?

They're releasing a 25th anniversary collection of Super Mario Allstars for the Wii.

My suspicion is that NoA is going to one-up NoE and NoJ by rereleasing the NES.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Oh man, got to get cracking on the R.O.B mod. I bought my NES almost 25 years late. :D

A side note since there is several mentions of Mario. Picked up Smash brothers for Gamecube recently, discovered there is a side scrolling mode that pays homage to the original NES Mario platform jumping. A 2.5d platform style of GC Wario World.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Nintendo announces the red wii bundle for a limited of 2,500 for sale at nintendo store New york and no one can't buy it at retail store (it could happen). another possibility is only one red wii bundle for display only at nintendo store (that would be sad).
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

That magazine is labeled "subscriber edition" - Can I buy it at a newsstand? And if I buy it at the newsstand will it be different from the "subscriber edition" - anyone know?
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

molotovwars wrote:That magazine is labeled "subscriber edition" - Can I buy it at a newsstand? And if I buy it at the newsstand will it be different from the "subscriber edition" - anyone know?

Yes, there are two different covers for the 25th Anniversary edition of Nintendo Power. Subscribers get the one pictured above, while the Super Mario Bros. 3 (complete with yellow background) is found on newsstands. I personally love the SMB3 version.

Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I feel stupid for asking, but who's the guy to the right of Black Mage on the cover?
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii