games you're glad you bought used instead of full retail

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
saturnfan
128-bit

Re: games you're glad you bought used instead of full retail

Post by saturnfan »

I believe the last 3 games I bought at full retail price were Deathsmiles, Record of Agarest War and Sakura Wars, which i do not regret since I wanted the special editions. Other than that, I am generally happy to buy my games used or wait until the "new" copy drops in price.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

If we flip the rules, I'd say I was glad I bought San Andreas on PC when it first launched.
Gnashvar
128-bit

Post by Gnashvar »

Luke wrote:If we flip the rules, I'd say I was glad I bought San Andreas on PC when it first launched.

I didn't. I had so much fun with Vice City. San Andreas felt boring after that. :roll:
Thanks everyone...
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Gnashvar wrote:I didn't. I had so much fun with Vice City. San Andreas felt boring after that. :roll:

Not sure what the eye roll was for, but Vice City was very Ho Hum for me. Nothing really new to it other than bikes and boats, same old story. Plus, I grew up during what might be the apex of gangster rap. and grew up during the LA riots. SA put me in the shoes of someone living during those times, but with guns.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Totally regret buying Guilty Gear Isuka new.. THAT GAME SUCKS!!!
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Gnashvar wrote:Sonic Riders Zero Gravity

Looks nice the characters handle like a dump truck.

So true, so true.
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

Luke wrote:
Gnashvar wrote:I didn't. I had so much fun with Vice City. San Andreas felt boring after that. :roll:

Not sure what the eye roll was for, but Vice City was very Ho Hum for me. Nothing really new to it other than bikes and boats, same old story. Plus, I grew up during what might be the apex of gangster rap. and grew up during the LA riots. SA put me in the shoes of someone living during those times, but with guns.

THIS!
Ack

Post by Ack »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:Totally regret buying Guilty Gear Isuka new.. THAT GAME SUCKS!!!

Ooph, sorry to hear you paid money for that.

Anyway, many of the games I've bought have been used, but I prefer buying new because I understand the game will be in a certain condition that I won't necessarily get with a used game. That doesn't mean I want to pay $60 retail though, as I've been willing to wait for years for a $60 game I want to drop to a third of that or lower.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

d123456 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:mine would be pretty much every game I've bought in the last 3 years.A better thread would be: which games did you wish you had bought new aside from damaged goods?
Mine:
Battle Gear 3
Battle Gear 2

Battle Gear 3 was worth the full price at the time of its release. It's probably the best arcade racer on the PS2. Not overly ricey, and it doesn't have slippery Initial D physics.

How dare thee!!

Anyway, to answer the question, I shouldn't have bought DoDonPachi Daioujou at launch. What a POS.
Yiddishpilot
16-bit

Post by Yiddishpilot »

I prefer to buy new. I will usually wait until a game drops to $20 and then buy it new. But I did buy Enslaved and wish I had waited. Its a great game and I really like ninja theory but its super short.