Calculating the worth of your collection

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
chupon
Next-Gen

Calculating the worth of your collection

Post by chupon »

So http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/ is basically an index for game prices. There are all these other websites that help you track your personal game collection ie: IGN, Backloggery, RFGeneration, etc.

Do any of these websites incorporate a dollar amount next to your logged games? I doubt it would be a very difficult thing to set up.

Basically I'm looking to log my game collection, and have the games worth indicated. A total would also be nice. The prices would update regularly without me having to do the work because they'd be tied to a price index somewhere.

If this hasn't been done someone should do it.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Calculating the worth of your collection

Post by CRTGAMER »

I think http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/ is your quick painless way, one game at a time. Other research tools include EBay, Craigs list, Gametop and Thrift stores all have a huge price disparity. My recent post of the ecoATM might be another indicator, maybe a web site later with a list? Depends whether one buys or sells.

True about a particular game jumping around in price. Look at PS2 REZ price drop when the HD version appeared. Maybe PS2 ICO price will drop when the PS3 version comes out.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

Even if your entire collection was on backloggery and it was linked to VGPC, the price of your collection is really only good for insurance purposes. Cause no one is going to buy a collection at piece prices. It would be cool if a site incorporated just to give you an idea.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

GamerMON wrote:Even if your entire collection was on backloggery and it was linked to VGPC, the price of your collection is really only good for insurance purposes. Cause no one is going to buy a collection at piece prices. It would be cool if a site incorporated just to give you an idea.

I know IGN has an estimated value of your gaming collection on your account next to number of games you own but obviusly it will not be exact. It is still nice data to compare with other site such as VGPC, eBay, etc. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

CRTGAMER wrote:I think http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/ is your quick painless way, one game at a time. Other research tools include EBay, Craigs list, Gametop and Thrift stores all have a huge price disparity. My recent post of the ecoATM might be another indicator, maybe a web site later with a list? Depends whether one buys or sells.

True about a particular game jumping around in price. Look at PS2 REZ price drop when the HD version appeared. Maybe PS2 ICO price will drop when the PS3 version comes out.

Thrift stores don't count because the people running them have no interest or knowledge about the value of video games, that is why they are so great for deals. The thrift store by me prices all video games for $2, regardless of how old it is or what system it is for. I check it all the time for games, but they generally have next to nothing since it is reliant on donations.

My best find (oddly enough) was Valis III for for T-16 CD.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

isn't this for NA releases only though?
C-64 will never die
- only the players
DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

IGN's estimate is way off. Before I got backloggery I used them to keep track of my games and the prices they would give the games were always inflated.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

saturnfan wrote:Thrift stores don't count because the people running them have no interest or knowledge about the value of video games, that is why they are so great for deals. The thrift store by me prices all video games for $2, regardless of how old it is or what system it is for. I check it all the time for games, but they generally have next to nothing since it is reliant on donations.
Thrift stores, Craig's List and even Gamestop doesn't really affect the price charts.
But as a buyer, I definitely utilize these sources before going the high end route.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=35651
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425