Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Chris Leach
128-bit

Re: I need a complete set of Sega 32X Games

by Chris Leach Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Chris Leach wrote:surprise, I will be selling my almost 40 games set [not all of them yet] if you are interested. I even have aboxed sega 32 x for sale as well...pics and a list are to come, but if interested, pm me...

my fav was zaxxon.....

I was merely stating I have about 40 games...probably some dupes in there...maybe less than 40, but not the whole set...no spiderman and no darkside or whatever that was called...
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 pm

thelolotov wrote:
onemanfilmcrew wrote:Yes, you read that correctly. Long story short, I'm going to be doing a 32X project over the holidays and need to acquire complete copies of all the games. I should be able to get it done by utilizing the local vintage game stores, but I figured I would check on here to see if anybody knew of a site that had a complete set for sale (or if anybody on here had a complete set that they wouldn't mind trading, I have good stuff).

Well, I can't believe I am the first to ask, but what's the project?

I am putting together an encyclopedia of 32x Games. Basically I need the games in order to scan everything in, then I'm going to be putting them together with screen shots and a massive write up into what amounts to an encyclopedia type book. I know the 32x is one of the most reviled systems in the history of gaming, and there are only an incredibly small handful of people who might be interested in a book like that, but I'm doing this as a "proof of concept" piece before moving onto larger systems like the Sega CD and Genesis. I figure it would be better to work the kinks out on a system with 36 domestic releases than one with 152 or over 700.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:04 pm

I've got some 32X games I could sell, but not a complete set. Here's what I've got:

Star Wars Arcade (Cart only)
BC Racers (Cart only)
Cosmic Carnage (Cart only)
Shadow Squadron (Cart only)
Golf Magazine: 36 Great Holes (Cart only)
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (Cart only)
Kolibri (CIB)

If you want any of these, PM me and we can work out a price. I'll charge a bit less than the going rate on ebay.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

If it's for a book and not for a long term collection, why not see if people are willing to lend you their games while you do it and you pay freight there and back. If I lived in the states (or had any 32x games for that matter) I'd be more than willing to lend my games for the project.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
thelolotov
32-bit

by thelolotov Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Droid party wrote:If it's for a book and not for a long term collection, why not see if people are willing to lend you their games while you do it and you pay freight there and back. If I lived in the states (or had any 32x games for that matter) I'd be more than willing to lend my games for the project.

If I were him, I'd probably buy them, so I didn't have to worry about returning them, and so I could sell them on eBay for a good amount of money, or maybe just keep them, would be cool to say I own every game for a system.

But hey, if you're not planning on keeping them, maybe this would work better for you.
zxqdms
32-bit

by zxqdms Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Droid party wrote:If it's for a book and not for a long term collection, why not see if people are willing to lend you their games while you do it and you pay freight there and back. If I lived in the states (or had any 32x games for that matter) I'd be more than willing to lend my games for the project.

It's worth a try, but some of the games sell for >$100. At least on eBay. Most people probably wouldn't want to let someone borrow a game worth that much unless that person was a close friend.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Good luck with your project. You should keep everyone updated as you get further along.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 pm

onemanfilmcrew wrote:I am putting together an encyclopedia of 32x Games. Basically I need the games in order to scan everything in, then I'm going to be putting them together with screen shots and a massive write up into what amounts to an encyclopedia type book.

I also have Kolibri complete and Star Wars cart and book. I'd be willing to contribute scans of the items I have since it isn't a huge pile of stuff.
Return to General Gaming