Keeping games you don't like to have a better collection?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Keeping games you don't like to have a better collection?

Post by aaron »

i have fallen victim to this in the past. most of the games i own now are titles that i really, really want to own, or games that i'd like to try and get into someday. i stopped holding onto games that i just really was not all that into playing. i just hate having crappy games that i don't want to play sitting on my shelf.

this becomes a problem when i buy a new game for my 4 year old son though. having Tom & Jerry: Frantic Antics for N64 sitting next to Super Mario 64 and Sin & Punishment just doesn't sit well with me, but we compromise, don't we? ;)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
jeffesaurusrex
8-bit

Re: Keeping games you don't like to have a better collection?

Post by jeffesaurusrex »

As far as my collection goes, I would never sell something from a set I'm collecting on. For instance, I just sold Okami for PS2 because I didn't like it. It will probably be worth quite a bit sometime down the road because it was a black label, but I'm not collecting PS2 so I sold it. It was foolish really, because eventually I probably WILL be collecting PS2 and I will regret it.

But I have a lot of sports games for SNES and I wouldn't sell those (as if they're even worth anything :lol: ) because even though I'm not actively trying to get every single game, once I get some of the pricier stuff out of the way and have every game I want, I might try for a full collection. I even went out of my way to buy a sports game for the Genesis the other day JUST because it was CIB and only .50 cents for that same reason.

As far as the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii stuff I sell it off when I'm done with it or when I don't like it. That's dumb too though, because 50% of the time I buy games I sold back to replay them. I have a hard time learning from my mistakes. :lol: