Page 26 of 28

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:58 am
by flamepanther
EvilRyu2099 wrote:Alpha 3 was very good on PS and never missed a beat either!!!
I dunno about beats... It did however miss several frames of character animation.
I have a feeling you will respond regardless..
You already said you were dropping it, so I don't know what you can really say to me about that.
It seems like you are willing to go on and on about this but you just won't persuade me from my opinions..
If you don't mind that large numbers of games are more stripped down on one console than another, and you don't think it makes a difference between the consoles, then I don't know how to help you.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 am
by AppleQueso
Nobody's every claimed that the ps1 wasn't far more powerful than at least the SENS and Genesis when it came to 2D, it's that the Saturn was much better than the PS1 at 2D.

I could explain why, but flamepanther already pointed out, even the games that performed pretty well on the ps1 (the aforementioned Street Fighter Alpha games) did so by cutting corners where you weren't as likely to notice them.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:38 am
by EvilRyu2099
flamepanther wrote:If you don't mind that large numbers of games are more stripped down on one console than another, and you don't think it makes a difference between the consoles, then I don't know how to help you.
And there you go wanting to get the last word again.. There were horrible ports on the Saturn as well.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 am
by EvilRyu2099
AppleQueso wrote:Nobody's every claimed that the ps1 wasn't far more powerful than at least the SENS and Genesis when it came to 2D, it's that the Saturn was much better than the PS1 at 2D.

I could explain why, but flamepanther already pointed out, even the games that performed pretty well on the ps1 (the aforementioned Street Fighter Alpha games) did so by cutting corners where you weren't as likely to notice them.

Not like any of the CPS2 games were perfect resolutions of their arcade counterparts on any system..

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 am
by flamepanther
EvilRyu2099 wrote:And there you go wanting to get the last word again..
...says the guy who declared the conversation over after putting in his last word, and now continues to chip his two cents in--all the while deriding the other guy for continueing to chip his own two cents in. I'm not claiming innocence, but I don't think you're winning any point here by doing this kind of stuff.
There were horrible ports on the Saturn as well.
Sure there were, but because programmers couldn't put in the extra work to get good 3D performance out of the Saturn, not because the console ran out of memory or couldn't handle the damn sprites.
Not like any of the CPS2 games were perfect resolutions of their arcade counterparts on any system..
It's not 100% perfect on console A, so it's no different if it's far worse on console B? Come on, that's really poor reasoning.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 am
by jeffro11
Guys this is a thread about a GENESIS vs a SNES. Let's get back on topic. Now.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 am
by EvilRyu2099
flamepanther wrote:Sure there were, but because programmers couldn't put in the extra work to get good 3D performance out of the Saturn, not because the console ran out of memory or couldn't handle the damn sprites.
And what proof do you have? There were bad ports of all types of games, not just 3D..


It's not 100% perfect on console A, so it's no different if it's far worse on console B? Come on, that's really poor reasoning.

How is it poor reasoning? I've played many fighting games on PS and they were almost as good as the arcade, same with the saturn.. Neither are arcade perfect, yet you want to make the point that games were slightly better on the saturn.. I find your reasoning to be just as poor.. Just like arguing which is a more powerful console between the Saturn and PS when they are so close in performance, while the N64 was clearly more powerful than both..

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:02 am
by flamepanther
jeffro11 wrote:Guys this is a thread about a GENESIS vs a SNES. Let's get back on topic. Now.
Mod in training? I think the original topic more or less ran its course several pages ago, though.

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:02 am
by EvilRyu2099
jeffro11 wrote:Guys this is a thread about a GENESIS vs a SNES. Let's get back on topic. Now.

Well I was going to stop, but he wants to keep disputing my points.. So I think I'm going to go on.. Not like we are flaming or anything, just having a lighthearted debate...

Re: Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:04 am
by EvilRyu2099
flamepanther wrote:
jeffro11 wrote:Guys this is a thread about a GENESIS vs a SNES. Let's get back on topic. Now.
Mod in training? I think the original topic more or less ran its course several pages ago, though.

Why you are bothered by what he posted? I don't think he's really backseat moderating..