Sega Genesis vs. SNES!?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Droid party
Next-Gen

Re: Sega Geneses vs. SNES!?

Post by Droid party »

Jaguar- Do the math!
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
baschlives
24-bit

Post by baschlives »

SNES
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

pjvdg wrote:
benderx wrote:I choose any sonic the hedgehog game against super mario world.

That's a statement that could start a holy war :)

And I would fight for our lord and savior Sonic :lol:

I loved both consoles, I can't really say that one is better than the other. They each had great games. Genesis games had speedy gameplay,creativity, edginess and style. SNES has bright colors, mode 7, great sound and better arcade ports. Both systems had some legendary games. This was really the best time ever to be a gamer

Both great systems. However, if push came to shove, I always preferred Sega's style and approach to doing things over Nintendo. Sega was always just cooler, more hip, more adult, more hardcore and more experimental than Nintendo back in those days. I'm a fanboy for the S companies(Sega and Sony)
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

I love both consoles...

But if I piled up all the Genesis games I can't live without, I could completely bury that pile under all the SNES games I couldn't part with. Easily. I can add all my favorite Genesis games on my fingers, but to list my favorite SNES games I'd need a few sheets of paper.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

Super Nintendo all the way. The graphical capability blew the Genesis out of the water, both in on-screen colours and effects (transparency anyone?). Those dark, muted, muddy colours that the Genesis produced simply pale in comparison. The game variety was not only wider, but more expansive in every genre. The SNES represents the best of an era, where third parties weren't producing shovelware, but games on par with Nintendo's own quality. Everything about the system is just *right*.

Just my opinion of course, but the Genesis can't possibly hold a candle to the SNES. It can be preferred over the SNES, but there's simply no objective proof that would ever deem it better.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I have a strong preference for the SNES for several reasons. The Genesis was apparently better for sports games, but I've never really been a big sports gamer, and that genre does not tend to age well. I also prefer the controller-- I don't think I've ever found a D-pad I've liked better than Nintendo's. I'm sure nostalgia also figures in, as I never really had a lot of opportunities to play the Genesis during the 90's. The Genesis is also better known for its arcade-style gameplay, I believe. I tend to prefer more adventure-style games, and the SNES offerings in that arena seem to generally be superior.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

SNES. Next question.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
yosh
16-bit

Post by yosh »

SNES.
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

I still own my SNES. I sold my Genesis 16 years ago. Nuff said.
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

Post by onemanfilmcrew »

Mortal Kombat had blood on the Genesis, and it had "sweat" on SNES.

Point Genesis.