Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Re: Too many sensors/cameras!

by AmishSamurai Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 am

Kinect looks like it will be a flop, and Move is a blatant rip-off, though I won't dismiss either until I see them in action. I don't have any of the current three, but have been toying with the idea of getting a wii for homebrew purposes.

As for too many sensors/cameras, would your fiance complain if there were eighty retro consoles underneath the TV? That can get just as hectic. Also, if you have multiple consoles, storing the controllers can be as bad as storing all the extra components for the current systems (though I'll agree the wii is a bet overboard with it at times.)
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 am

J T wrote:I think you would be able to mount the Kinect on top of your television,

I thought it was possible to mount either one; or at least rig it up to.

J T wrote:but then it might gain sentience and start shouting "Number 5 ALIVE!"

:lol: *two thumbs up* :lol:
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 am

Personally, i'm not bothering with either. I barely use my Wii as it is. I can't see me using move or kinect, at all.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
finerion
64-bit

by finerion Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Niode wrote:Personally, i'm not bothering with either. I barely use my Wii as it is. I can't see me using move or kinect, at all.

I'm ashamed to say I fit into this camp. I play more Gamecube games on my Wii than Wii games. Though it is October and House of the Dead Overkill remains unfinished...
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:32 pm

AmishSamurai wrote:Kinect looks like it will be a flop, and Move is a blatant rip-off, though I won't dismiss either until I see them in action. I don't have any of the current three, but have been toying with the idea of getting a wii for homebrew purposes.

I agree regarding Kinect. It's hugely overpriced unless you're a newcomer to the 360 and you can get the bundle. The concept is silly, the games look worse than Wii launch titles -- heck, even Wii titles five years later.

Move is amazing. Every time I pick one up, I'm stunned at the sheer accuracy of the thing. It blows the Wii+MotionPlus combo so far out of the water it's not even funny. I wish that the Wii had the Move controller now, because I love the Wii. My most played console of this generation by far.

Seriously, pick up a move and try not to be amazed at how great it is. Makes me wish I had my own PS3 and not a 360.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

by xan_racketBOY_fan Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:58 am

Jerkface Killah wrote:I am thinking pretty hard about getting Move or Kinect or both. I have all the current generation systems. If I were to get both Move and Kinect, my TV area would look ridiculous. Here is a mock-up. How can they expect this to look respectable in a living room?! My fiance is not thrilled at the idea or all these devices around the TV. Your thoughts?

I would hold off. There aren't many must-haves titles just yet, and it will look a bit overkill with the clutter around the set. If I were you, I'd keep the spouse happy ... you know how it is. :P
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:10 am

I have also been considering getting both Move and Kinect but will likely wait since there are no titles worth it quite yet for both. This also gives me time to arrange my cameras/sensors before I get either. There are too many of them to hook up!! :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Return to General Gaming