Too many sensors/cameras!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Too many sensors/cameras!

Post by Jerkface Killah »

I am thinking pretty hard about getting Move or Kinect or both. I have all the current generation systems. If I were to get both Move and Kinect, my TV area would look ridiculous. Here is a mock-up. How can they expect this to look respectable in a living room?! My fiance is not thrilled at the idea or all these devices around the TV. Your thoughts?
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-10-03 at 10.02.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-10-03 at 10.02.13 PM.png (174.41 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Last edited by Jerkface Killah on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JFK
Pichu
128-bit

Re: Too many sensors/cameras!

Post by Pichu »

I hear Kinect and Eyetoy are always on. :shock:

On a serious note, eh, I wouldn't like it. IMO, it's a bit cluttered.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I don't think you need any more pieces of plastic sitting on the entertainment unit/center.

I wouldn't even bother buying the PS Move/Kinect things until they show a strong library. They might turn out to be the next 32X. Expensive, in the way, and only about 40 games total. (Not to disrespect the 32X, of course. :wink: ) But all of this is just my opinion.
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

My plan is to wait 4-6 months before buying either. By then it should be clear which one to get, and maybe even a price drop.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

Now imagine you're one of those Rock Band/Guitar Hero folks -- where are you supposed to store all THAT shit too? Maybe you've got a DJ Hero thingamadoodle, a bunch of Wii Remotes/Nunchucks/etc .. it all piles up.

You've got to have a whole additional storage unit just to keep this stuff out of the way, it's ridiculous.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

DANG!!!! Kinect is FAT compared to the ps3 or wii.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

benderx wrote:DANG!!!! Kinect is FAT compared to the ps3 or wii.

This mock-up is pretty "off the cuff", so the measurements may be a little off.
JFK
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I think you would be able to mount the Kinect on top of your television, but then it might gain sentience and start shouting "Number 5 ALIVE!"

I have a PS2 Eye Toy that I just hide behind my TV, then pull it into position when I want to actually play an Eye Toy game.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Jerkface Killah wrote:I am thinking pretty hard about getting Move or Kinect or both. I have all the current generation systems. If I were to get both Move and Kinect, my TV area would look ridiculous. Here is a mock-up. How can they expect this to look respectable in a living room?! My fiance is not thrilled at the idea or all these devices around the TV. Your thoughts?

My thoughts? Get a new fiance. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm with you man. I don't know where I would be expected to put those other cameras/sensors...
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

move works WAY better on top of your tv, unless your 3 feet tall. You would have to have it to understand I guess but the closer the camera is to shoulder level the better. So atleast that can be put ontop?
Yep, I know im the one ya love to hate.