Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: My skill totally dissapeared, how to recover?

by ZeroAX Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Get a better laser mouse? I hardly have to lift mine up while I'm playing. At least when I'm fighting. I return it to the middle of the mouse pad when I'm not in battle.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:55 pm

General_Norris wrote:I have noticed that I lift the mouse quite a lot even when I have plenty of mat left. Is this normal? What should I do? Does someone have a video of a player's mousemat while playing?

Maybe crank up the sensitivity so that the pointer moves further with less movement so you don't get as far out of your 'comfort spot'? I have mine cranked way up so that even though my screen is at 1600x1200 and I have acceleration turned off it only takes about an inch of mouse movement to go from one side of the screen to the other. It does take a bit to get used to a different setting at first but once you're used to it, moving your wrist less is better IMHO. If you're playing an FPS or something you'll obviously still need to pick up the mouse every now and then if you're turning in circles one direction a lot.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:01 pm

My mouse and sens are still the same as one month ago so that should remain the same. I can turn almost 2 times around my axis before my mat runs out in both directions.

I also tinkered with it, it doesn't help I think the problem is just lack of hand movement. In other words, I lost my muscle memory. For example I used to be able to watch my back in just a second and then keep walking, I can't do that anymore.

Yesterday I got basic movement down again and I'm making progress. Guess I will be okay in a week or so. I still move slowly and can't check my surroundings as fast but I'm making progress.

Let's se how it turns out.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 pm

All righty. Good luck sir.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 am

General_Norris wrote:My mouse and sens are still the same as one month ago so that should remain the same. I can turn almost 2 times around my axis before my mat runs out in both directions.

I also tinkered with it, it doesn't help I think the problem is just lack of hand movement. In other words, I lost my muscle memory. For example I used to be able to watch my back in just a second and then keep walking, I can't do that anymore.

Yesterday I got basic movement down again and I'm making progress. Guess I will be okay in a week or so. I still move slowly and can't check my surroundings as fast but I'm making progress.

Let's se how it turns out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28vNyjOlbc

just replace the video with tf2 clips and keep the music :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Return to General Gaming