My skill totally dissapeared, how to recover?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

My skill totally dissapeared, how to recover?

Post by Erik_Twice »

I was never the best FPS player around but I could handle my own and be a decent pubstar on the very least. However after 3 weeks without playing my aim is horrid, my movement is slow and I do lots of stupid things that get me killed.

It is so bad I can barely keep a kpd of 1, it's like being new to the game again. What should I do to recover? Just play pubs for a while? Focus in recovering my aim?

I have recently started to play Beatmania again, perhaps adapting to its timing screwed up my aim and speed recognition?
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: My skill totally dissapeared, how to recover?

Post by ZeroAX »

The only game I can think of that is so brutal would be counter strike. Am I correct?

Anyway dude, just relax. After 2 months of not playing TF2 my play style wasn't that good, but after 3 days I was back to being good.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

ZeroAX wrote:The only game I can think of that is so brutal would be counter strike. Am I correct?

Actually it's TF2. But it's really bad, I can't even turn around without getting lost.
NSBAceAttorney
24-bit

Post by NSBAceAttorney »

Haha, I know the feeling man. Just hang in there and you'll get your swing back. I don't know much about TF2, but I found that running through the maps on my own once a week in MW2 made a big difference in my game.
thekorean12
24-bit

Post by thekorean12 »

Honestly, I barely know the maps on TF2 and still hold my own. I'm not sure why you suck all of a sudden, but it really shouldn't be hard to get back to where you once were. Just keep playing.
My life for Aiur.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Dude I joined you in the server you were playing earlier on. The players playing there weren't any good.

In my opinion the best way to become good, is to play against good players. At first you will have your ass kicked, but after a few days/weeks you will be able to play on their level.

I know an Italian server with very good players. If you are interested I can post the server later on.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

ZeroAX wrote:Dude I joined you in the server you were playing earlier on. The players playing there weren't any good.

I know! That's why I was there :lol:

Normally I play in Uberium or if that is full Lethal Zone. People in those servers are pretty decent, they are Vanilla and have good ping so I normally play there. I was just trying to recover the basics of movement and aim there before going back to my usual servers.

In my opinion the best way to become good, is to play against good players. At first you will have your ass kicked, but after a few days/weeks you will be able to play on their level.

I couldn't agree more. Challening yourself is the only way to get better. For example, when playing musical games I'm known from playing all the hard songs I can even if they are 5 or 6 levels about what I can beat. Those who started at the same time as me and took twice as much time to get to the same level as me and a lot of those got stuck in the way.

I know an Italian server with very good players. If you are interested I can post the server later on.

Sure, why not. Add me to friends =D
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

General_Norris wrote:Sure, why not. Add me to friends =D

I already have you. I'm Quaro
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Obviously you need to kidnap children, steal their spinal fluid and refill your own. :roll:
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Hobie-wan wrote:Obviously you need to kidnap children, steal their spinal fluid and refill your own. :roll:

Sure, I will do that.

Other than kidnapping children I have noticed that I lift the mouse quite a lot even when I have plenty of mat left. Is this normal? What should I do? Does someone have a video of a player's mousemat while playing?