Club Idea?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
lost_within
Next-Gen

Club Idea?

Post by lost_within »

I know there are a few big collectors on here, and I have posted pics of some of the rarest items I have had to share with people in a thread and it seemed like we were all enjoying it.

So just to be curious, I started messing with 1up and thought about making a "Racketboy collection club"

Just something where members could join up, log their personal game collections and we could kinda see what everyone has. I know we have all shared games here, but alot of times I see people asking about "Has anyone played BLANK?" well, I figured this would be a way for us to not only share what we have, but maybe to show people some things they have never seen but could REALLY enjoy.

Just an idea, if anyone is interested let me know, and if not, just an idea.
Yep, I know im the one ya love to hate.
thelolotov
32-bit

Re: Club Idea?

Post by thelolotov »

lost_within wrote:I know there are a few big collectors on here, and I have posted pics of some of the rarest items I have had to share with people in a thread and it seemed like we were all enjoying it.

So just to be curious, I started messing with 1up and thought about making a "Racketboy collection club"

Just something where members could join up, log their personal game collections and we could kinda see what everyone has. I know we have all shared games here, but alot of times I see people asking about "Has anyone played BLANK?" well, I figured this would be a way for us to not only share what we have, but maybe to show people some things they have never seen but could REALLY enjoy.

Just an idea, if anyone is interested let me know, and if not, just an idea.

I think maybe Raptr would be a good place to start, seeing as they let you keep track of your entire game collection, and well, here, this will explain what I am trying to say better:

http://raptr.com/thelolotov/games
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

Well they both track ALL games. 1up has only been around for...uh, a long ass time.

Honestly I dont care where or by who I just thought it would be an idea. The other thing, personally, I enjoy is that 1up logs all games by console. I am sure alot of sites do this, 1up just gave me the idea of the "club".

And again, its only that, an idea. If there is no interest then hey thats fine...personally I like trying to find weird or odd games I have never played and being that I see it happen on here alot with people asking about new stuff, figured it would be a good way for people to see what we are all playing.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

We could all make Backloggery's and pool our backlogs into one thread.
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

That would work to if we could make a thread and have a sticky made. Alot of the times people try to do stuff like this and at one point it will get lost and of course then, no new members make one or add theirs.

Good idea though, that way everyone will have their own prefered site to use but we can all scan everyone's to see what they have.

Hopefully some more people will chime in on this idea and maybe a mod somewhere will take this into account and make a sticky somewhere.

Keep posting feedback and I will try to keep this idea alive to see if it blooms into something.

I do like the idea of a sticky where we can post the links, way to contribute. I would give you a high five but trust me...you dont want to touch my hands...or my keyboard for that matter.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

Thanks!! 8) I guess the only thing you'd have to worry about are people being too lazy to make a backlog. I am also guilty of this.
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

scarper wrote:Thanks!! 8) I guess the only thing you'd have to worry about are people being too lazy to make a backlog. I am also guilty of this.

Well everyone wouldnt have to of course, just the people that want to join up in it. Thats why I am just messing with ps3 right now and a wishlist. That way I can just add other stuff as I feel the need and just add ps3 games as I go.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

I think I'll hop onto the bandwagon as well.

EDIT: I apparently can't register cause the guy who runs the website hurt his arm. Hope he gets better soon...
Last edited by scarper on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

Look a new member is making all the old members look bad har har har. No really, nice to see a new member around that voices more than 2 times and leaves :)
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

Oh yeah. Backlog registrations are down.