Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

What's the longest you've:

by D.D.D. Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am

1. Rented a game without beating it (and your rental late fees)
2. Played the same game (being addicted to the same title without playing anything else)
3. Borrowed a game from a friend

For me,
1. Yoshi's Island (SNES) - 10 days (back when game rentals were by the day! Fortunately the local store I rented from only charged a buck a day extra for games) - I didn't buy it for a few years later and then finished it.
2. GTA3 - about 4 months
3. Indefinitely... kind of. I borrowed FF Tactics (PS1) from my friend's friend that I worked with and a few weeks later he moved. Not even my friend knew what happened to him, he just kinda vanished. So I just held onto the game for whenever he surfaced. About 6 months later my friend heard from him and I asked him to ask about FFT - he said he didn't play it anymore and I could keep it.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: What's the longest you've:

by fvgazi Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 am

1. I don't remember. Does it count if I used to rent PSX games and then burn them?

2. There have been 3 games. Back when MoH: Allied Assault came out, that was the only game I ever played. I was really awesome at online and won a few tournaments. The next game I played intently was Asheron's Call. I think that was the only game I had played for 2.5 years straight. I think I had even got rid of my consoles at that point.

The latest game I had played solely was Fallout 3. I logged about 300 hours playing that game and nothing else. Loved it.

The "most times played" game I play is Half Life 2. I think I run through it about 2 or 3 times a year and when it first came out I beat it like 15 times that year.

3. I borrowed Katamari Damacy from a friend about 6 years ago. It has changed from borrowed to owned basically.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:02 am

1. I don't rent games much. I've had some scary library late fees, though.

2. I've been addicted to Dr. Robotnic's Mean Bean Machine for a few years. I kick tail at it.

3. I haven't done that in a while either. Maybe a few months? Can't even remember.
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 am

1. I don't rent.

2. I played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for about a month straight the first time someone showed it to me.

3. I don't borrow games from anyone (nor let them borrow from me). I see how other people treat their games, and it makes me :shock:.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:10 am

D.D.D. wrote:1. Rented a game without beating it (and your rental late fees)
2. Played the same game (being addicted to the same title without playing anything else)

1. 1 day, I think. I think that was the only time I ever rented a game.
2. Probably six months, but this would be more of a case of not having much time at all to play any games rather than being addicted to a single one.
3. I never straight-borrowed. Usually it was intended to be a temporary trade situation. However, around 1995 or 1996 I traded some games with a friend and then he lost my games, so he told me to keep the games he had loaned me. Apart from that, my brother-in-law and I traded some games (again temporarily) about 8-10 years ago. I kind of want to trade back, since one of the games I traded him was my copy of Super C, but I don't completely remember which games were involved in the trade. Oh well.
Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm

D.D.D. wrote:1. Rented a game without beating it (and your rental late fees)

1)...3 days? I don't usually rent games.

2) Hm. 3 months of sonic and knuckles, since it was the only video game I owned at the time.

3) 12 years and counting (Micro Machine military on the mega drive)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
IcKy99
Next-Gen

by IcKy99 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 pm

1. Hmm well when i first bought a dreamcast i rented Street Fighter III: Double Impact and never returned it since i liked it so much
2. shit GTA san andeas and vice city were in my ps2 for a couple of months each at the times each one came out.
3. ive accidentally kept tons of borrowed games, the most recent is the first Bad Company for 360, i still have it and dont even own a 360 anymore.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:09 pm

IcKy99 wrote:3. ive accidentally kept tons of borrowed games, the most recent is the first Bad Company for 360, i still have it and dont even own a 360 anymore.

remind me to never lend you a game :P
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
cubingmelons
8-bit

by cubingmelons Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm

1. When it first came out, I continually rented Earthbound for about two to three weeks until I could purchase it. I was bummed about having to start over but it was so worth it in the long run. There were no late fees to be had there since I just kept re-renting it.

2. I went a good couple weeks or so where the only game I even touched was Fallout 3. I got incredibly sucked into it and had no desire to play anything else. I ended up putting in a couple of ten hour days into it.

3. I borrowed a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in like 2004 or so. I still have it :shock: . Perhaps I should give that back to him.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

by AwesomeMonstar Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 pm

1. While I actually did beat it, I rented MGS4 for around a year. Just lent it to a friend when I was done, and we never really got to bringing it back until I had an urge to rent something else.

Also, no late fees, What a glorious time of blockbuster's past.

2.I'm surprised nobody else has said these games, but it's probably a toss uo between TF2, CS:S, or CS 1.6. I'd say I consistently played these games for probably 6 months each, still going with TF2. With the KZ maps in cs and the XC in CS:S, my addiction honestly had no bound.

Funny thing is, I primarily played CS and CSS with a laptop track pad for around 2 months each. I don't know how I didn't just get frustrated and quit.

3.Well, I indefinitely borrowed MMX and X2 from my brother... and I don't plan on giving it back until he motives.

It's been like 5 years now, I think I'm in the clear.
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
Return to General Gaming