Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
neilencio
64-bit

Re: Nintendo 3Ds Delayed!

by neilencio Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:30 am

Reprise wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:Learned my lesson with the DS. Get 3rd generation hardware if it's Nintendo (or even MS/Sony), as the first two are destined to be iffy :lol:

Why? My brother picked up a DS a couple of weeks after launch, and it still works just fine and he still loves it. And it plays GBA games. Do the new models play GBA games? I don't think they do.

+ when the DS first launched, it was released for £100 here. Now those fancy pants newer models are retailing for like £150.

I'm not trying to be condisending, I just don't know (probably my own ignorance too) what the big deal is about all the newer designs that Nintendo do to milk cash.

I haven't tried any of the newer DS models much, so maybe I'm missing something.

I've had a DS and I still have a DS Lite, and yeah, there are minor functional improvements over the old design. The longer battery life is one, as is the slightly bigger screen and the brightness settings on the backlight. DSi had crazier shit like a built in camera, but there's nothing really that drastic. They're not something that would make me wanna upgrade (the lack of a GBA slot is actually a deterrent).

Basically the changes are as linear as the ones the PSP models went through.
Visit my wife's blog: Pinay Geek
BlackDS
Next-Gen

by BlackDS Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am

As someone said how the 3DS is not really a children-friendly system. Obviously the price will go down at some point (with a possible hardware revision) and you can turn off the 3D so that kids under 7 can view it "safely".
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

Niode wrote:If this is more than £200 you can absolutely fucking forget it. I'm not paying that kind of money for it. No way.

Aww dude, you were so gung ho for it before. :cry: So what's your ceiling for it? 150 quid?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm

D.D.D. wrote:
Niode wrote:If this is more than £200 you can absolutely fucking forget it. I'm not paying that kind of money for it. No way.

Aww dude, you were so gung ho for it before. :cry: So what's your ceiling for it? 150 quid?

£200. I'll pay that for it, but I won't like having to pay that much. I'd prefer something around £150-170, but I can't see that happening at all. £150 and it's a definite purchase, £175 I'll still get it if I can get a good deal with launch titles and £200 is my absolute maximum. Anymore and it's going to be near £300 with a couple of launch titles. Way too much for a portable.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Rocketman
24-bit

by Rocketman Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Even though the launch price will probably be a complete rip off, I think I'll probably still get one... The game line up is just a little too tempting. I don't mind that it's been delayed, gives me a little extra time to save up for a car that I so desperately need. :)

Hooray for the delay! Gives them more time to polish up the launch games line up! :D
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 am

I'm in the same position as Niode. If it's more than £200, I won't get one. That's my absolute limit. 150 would be perfect, 175 - 200, I probably would but I'll moan about the price. Any more and I won't, unless I suddenly become rich in the next 6 months or it just becomes too tempting lol.

I know people are trying to justify the rumoured high price, and most are in fairness valid points, but still for me, over £200 for a what is still a portable handheld, is rip off imo.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Flake

by Flake Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

I know that the market price in America will sort itself out pretty quickly but I definitely understand our EU members worries: Pricing schemes for you guys/gals are always so damn arbitrary.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Return to General Gaming