Nintendo 3Ds Delayed!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3Ds Delayed!

Post by Niode »

If this is more than £200 you can absolutely fucking forget it. I'm not paying that kind of money for it. No way.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Chris Leach wrote:Millions of individuals that follow Nintendo expected this to be released for Christmas....who puts out a system in April? Seriously even March? You miss the whole holiday season...so I did not mistype when I said Delayed....

thanks

Millions of individuals hoping Nintendo releases something during a time of year when they can ask their parents to buy them something is not official word. The PSP was released in March, DS Lite released in June, DSi released in April, DSi XL released in March, GBA released in June....... you get the idea. Perhaps it could do something with the fiscal year. Neither of those systems have or had trouble selling.
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

Post by Snickerd00dle »

Chris Leach wrote:
Snickerd00dle wrote:
Flake wrote:It didn't have a release date until like 6 hours ago. How could it be delayed?

yeah this post is inaccurate in saying that the system was delayed- late release is more accurate

Millions of individuals that follow Nintendo expected this to be released for Christmas....who puts out a system in April? Seriously even March? You miss the whole holiday season...so I did not mistype when I said Delayed....

thanks

delayed would mean that there was a release date, and then it was pushed back- getting your hopes up and then being disappointed is not a delay, but a later release than you were expecting- No official release date for it to have been delayed--- and im sure you didn't mistype delayed- you meant that- you were just wrong
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Uhh, I was expecting it in March, so whatever.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Snickerd00dle wrote:delayed would mean that there was a release date, and then it was pushed back- getting your hopes up and then being disappointed is not a delay, but a later release than you were expecting- No official release date for it to have been delayed--- and im sure you didn't mistype delayed- you meant that- you were just wrong

I think y'all are being needlessly harsh.

From the article linked above:

From a financial perspective, Nintendo's inability to ship the 3DS for this holiday-shopping season will be painful. Alongside its 3DS announcement today, the company was forced to reduce its annual profit forecast from $2.4 billion to $1 billion. It cited the strong yen and the 3DS launch date as reasons for the revised projection.

During this fiscal year, which ends in March 2011, Nintendo now expects to sell 23.5 million Nintendo DS units. That figure includes 4 million 3DS units. However, Nintendo initially expected to sell 30 million DS units during the year.

Nintendo themselves say that the 3DS launch date forced them to lower their profit forecast. Even if they didn't officially announce a release date, it looks like they previously expected they'd have it on shelves sooner than February.

That sounds like a delay to me. A phase shift in the time domain, even.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Chris Leach
128-bit

Post by Chris Leach »

Clearly I miss spoke and I was wrong....

I must be in the wrong forum......Neo-Geo forums? Oops....
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Chris Leach wrote:Clearly I miss spoke and I was wrong....

I think it's more a case that you actually read the article you posted.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Chris Leach
128-bit

Post by Chris Leach »

Limewater wrote:
Chris Leach wrote:Clearly I miss spoke and I was wrong....

I think it's more a case that you actually read the article you posted.

Thank you Limewater for reading the article. :idea:

I know there are even members here with one in mind for example that have saved for their 3DS for some time since the earlier part of this year...I think it will be a kick ass little system, but either way...
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Learned my lesson with the DS. Get 3rd generation hardware if it's Nintendo (or even MS/Sony), as the first two are destined to be iffy :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

sevin0seven wrote:more time to save up more money for it. :P

Yep, plus all the launch games and accessories as well in addition to the system. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection