Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21064
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by Ack Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm

J T wrote:I'm debating getting the game Ghost Master while it's on sale at gog. Though the graphics are crappy, it's supposed to be a really entertaining strategy/sim game where you lead a team of ghosts to go scare the living. It's sounds like light hearted fun.


If you enjoyed titles like Dungeon Master or Evil Genius, you'll probably find some amusement out of it. The PC version's the one to play too, as I've seen the console ports get some nasty criticism.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
gennss
128-bit
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by gennss Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 am

Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis!!!! Totally forgot I had that. w00t
--
Gennss
--
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38052
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by noiseredux Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:29 am

beat Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers last night.
Image
User avatar
nickfil
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 am
Location: philadephia

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by nickfil Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Just played through all of alan wake and the two DLC chapters. What a great game. I'm glad i saved it for october!
User avatar
J T
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by J T Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I've been playing all sorts of horror games and am enjoying myself having a bad time with my computer. I've played Amnesia the most. I think I'm approaching the ending as I'm starting to figure out what the "orb" is.

I've also played the beginning segments of Resident Evil 5 and Silent Hill: Homecoming. Alright games so far, but not much has happened yet gameplay wise, so it's hard to tell. I think I'll spend more time with Dead Space than those two as it seems to clearly be the better game.

I've also played some Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is just really well put together. The Joker is a great villain and I love how he taunts you throughout.

Minecraft also is something of a survival horror game in a way. Those silly looking creepers are actually rather terrifying when you've spent so much time trying to build a shelter and they manage to find you anyway. I'm looking forward to the Halloween update on the 31st.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
mjmjr25
 

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by mjmjr25 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm playing Gamecube:

Spirits and Spells
Casper Spirit Dimensions
Monster House
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
and...Haunted Mansion

I brought upstairs Eternal Darkness and RE4, but was hastily reminded by my wife - "Seriously...no seriously. You want the kids watching that." (4 kids - all under 7).
On a side note, Spirits and Spells is quite good and Casper is surprisingly fun once you can master controlling casper and your camera angle at the same time.
User avatar
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 am
Location: Austin

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by wip3outguy7 Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Shit, this thread reminds me, I gotta' finish RE4.
User avatar
Dylan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by Dylan Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

wip3outguy7 wrote:Shit, this thread reminds me, I gotta' finish RE4.

Heh, I'm trying to achieve that before the month ends as well.

Also, I gave Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts another shot at completion. The whole "beat it again" mechanic is just painful though, by the time I finished it the I had absolutely no motivation remaining to go through it all over again. This isn't the first time this has happened either.
Image
Image
User avatar
jfe2
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by jfe2 Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

J T wrote:I've been playing all sorts of horror games and am enjoying myself having a bad time with my computer. I've played Amnesia the most. I think I'm approaching the ending as I'm starting to figure out what the "orb" is.

I've also played the beginning segments of Resident Evil 5 and Silent Hill: Homecoming. Alright games so far, but not much has happened yet gameplay wise, so it's hard to tell. I think I'll spend more time with Dead Space than those two as it seems to clearly be the better game.

I've also played some Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is just really well put together. The Joker is a great villain and I love how he taunts you throughout.

Minecraft also is something of a survival horror game in a way. Those silly looking creepers are actually rather terrifying when you've spent so much time trying to build a shelter and they manage to find you anyway. I'm looking forward to the Halloween update on the 31st.

The Halloween update will finally make me get Minecraft... I've held off for awhile, but I really think I need to play it!

Also, Arkham Asylum was a great game, and really does have a creepy vibe the entire way through. Totally fitting for Halloween gaming IMO.

Dylan wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Shit, this thread reminds me, I gotta' finish RE4.

Heh, I'm trying to achieve that before the month ends as well.

Also, I gave Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts another shot at completion. The whole "beat it again" mechanic is just painful though, by the time I finished it the I had absolutely no motivation remaining to go through it all over again. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

SG'nG is no joke! I plan on playing it on Halloween, but I guess we will see what happens. :)
User avatar
Dylan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by Dylan Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 pm

jfe2 wrote:SG'nG is no joke! I plan on playing it on Halloween, but I guess we will see what happens. :)

Heh, judging by your avatar I'd wager you're familiar with the series. Of course, why you'd select such a heinous, evil abomination for it I can't understand.
Image
Image
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests