Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: dsheinem's MONTH OF HORROR! What horror games will you play?

by noiseredux Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

jfe2 wrote:I also grabbed House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return and House of the Dead: Overkill for the Wii today. YOU GOTTA SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD!

yeah I've gotten really good at headshots. HOTD Overkill is a masterpiece, eh??
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 pm

I played some Deathsmiles last weekend.

I dunno. It's a fun game and the recent graphical upgrade looks nice. But I still think the game is way too short, and actually kind of boring at times
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
jfe2
Next-Gen

by jfe2 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 pm

I played through House of the Dead 2 & 3 and House of the Dead: Overkill with my younger sister last night. We really had a lot of fun with them, especially Overkill. Light gun rail shooters are so good with a second player.

I'm also still playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. This game really makes me want to watch Willow again...
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 pm

So we're a little past half way through the month and, I must say, I have been horrible about moving through my own list. I am about 4 or 5 hours into Silent Hill 2, I played a little bit of King of the Monsters, played 2 games of Mutant League Football in my run through the playoffs, am only on the second set of levels for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, and have played 2 levels of Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins. I haven't beaten one game from my list on the first page, let alone even think about tackling all of them. I have watched a fair amount of horror movies, as that seems to be my go to fix for horror entertainment instead of gaming so far.

Several other non-horror games have been vying for my attention, including sports titles since I also associate the fall with great baseball, football, and the start of basketball. I've also been playing a lot of Battle Garegga.

Anyway, how is everyone doing with their goals?
Ack

by Ack Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Bah, horrible. I found out I am indeed losing my job on Nov. 3, as the firm will lack the income to continue paying for my services. So now I'm working all the time and having to apply for jobs. I've also been distracted by a few other games, such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Borderlands.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:07 pm

dsheinem wrote:So we're a little past half way through the month and, I must say, I have been horrible about moving through my own list. I am about 4 or 5 hours into Silent Hill 2, I played a little bit of King of the Monsters, played 2 games of Mutant League Football in my run through the playoffs, am only on the second set of levels for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, and have played 2 levels of Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins. I haven't beaten one game from my list on the first page, let alone even think about tackling all of them. I have watched a fair amount of horror movies, as that seems to be my go to fix for horror entertainment instead of gaming so far.

Several other non-horror games have been vying for my attention, including sports titles since I also associate the fall with great baseball, football, and the start of basketball. I've also been playing a lot of Battle Garegga.

Anyway, how is everyone doing with their goals?

the lesson to be learned here is of course, never try.
Dylan
Next-Gen

by Dylan Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 pm

I've made good progress through my Castlevania games, though Legacy of Darkness got the Axe (felt too much like the original, which wasn't grand in the first place (also pun)), and I'm not sure I want to play another Castlevania game after I finish Lament of Innocence. I'll probably end up switching out those two for RE4 and Ghosts 'n Goblins, though I doubt I'll beat the latter.

However, college and school have been picking up in terms of workload as of late, so my beginning of the year free time is starting to dry up.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm

So I decided that it was time to finally install my copy of Dead Space and play it for the first time. Holy crap that game is scary. There is a such a creepy and unsettling vibe to the whole thing. It feels a lot like the Alien movies did where the environment looks cold and inhospitable, yet remarkably hi tech. The creatures in Alien were more scary for being intelligent and immensely brutal. The necromorphs of Dead Space are somewhat similar, but they are really grotesque, which adds to the shock whenever one of them sneaks up on you. I love that the game disposes of any sort of HUD on the screen, but you instead have a holographic projector on your suit that gives you information as you need it. It's a simple touch, but I feel it adds a lot to the game. Including a HUD makes it clear you are playing a game, but having the info built into the game so that it is something the character can see as well as you takes away from the superficiality of a HUD and allows you to more readily buy into the virtual word. There's also really great sound effects and suspence in this game. There are plenty of quiet parts with no enemies where you can sense your fear build up wondering when they will attack again. Tossing them in at choice points during a puzzle adds to the surprise as well. So far, I'm really digging this game. Hoping to play more later.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
nickfil
Next-Gen

by nickfil Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

J T wrote:There's also really great sound effects and suspence in this game. There are plenty of quiet parts with no enemies where you can sense your fear build up wondering when they will attack again. Tossing them in at choice points during a puzzle adds to the surprise as well. So far, I'm really digging this game. Hoping to play more later.

Are you playing with surround sound? I'm at the tail end of alan wake right now, and i think i'm going to do a second playthrough of deadspace after i get through it. I got surround sound after playing it, and i feel like it might just be a whole new game with it.
darthmunky
Next-Gen

by darthmunky Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Are there any good games that are actually Halloween related? Like not just horror games but games that have something to do with Halloween.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
Return to General Gaming