Games you love but haven't finished

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Re: Games you love but haven't finished

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I'm most likely in the same boat as others when I say F-Zero GX.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Nice topic jfe2. *thumbs up*

What comes to mind these days would be ICO and SotC... I'm gonna finish them up when it comes out on PS3 later.

jfe2 wrote:Super Mario Bros. - I played the hell out of this game, but never actually saved the Princess when I was younger. I eventually finished Mario 2, 3, and World, but never came back to the original.

I just dunno dude. I've enjoyed many games these days as an adult but didn't have time to finish (never an issue as a kid, what's homework?). But never finishing the original Super Mario Bros. is like starting to watch Star Wars and then calling it quits after Alderaan gets blown up. "Whoa... things have been fun buuuuuut I gotta pace myself here." :P
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

Games that come to mind

Kotor

Final Fantasy Tactics

The GTA series
As much as I enjoy the sandbox of it I only finished the full story of 3.

Grandia 2

Final Fantasy 3

Rpgs are a big issue for me. I'll go on a binge of a game then take a few days off... then a few weeks... then a few months... until I forget what I was doing in the game and need to restart....
Ack

Post by Ack »

Morrowind and Oblivion - I will always get roughly half way on the main storyline, and then wander off in a random direction to go have some fun. Without fail, I've had more abortive attempts to beat those games than any other, and I just can't do it.

Dark Cloud - I really like this game. But I've never beaten it, hardly even gotten beyond the halfway point if I remember correctly.

Wild Arms - I quit playing at the false ending, not realizing that it was a false ending, then loaded up my game and discovered I was only halfway through. But seeing the credits roll had killed my interest, and now I have no idea what's going on. I'll likely have to start over.

Also, this next one might shock a few folks here:

Silent Hill - Nope, I've never beaten it. Up until the release of Shattered Memories, it was the only US release in the series I hadn't beaten (and Shattered Memories is the only one in the series I don't own). The piano puzzle in the school served to be the bane of my existence when I first got the game, and I simply could not figure it out. Getting tired of it, I traded the game to a friend and didn't play it again until years later. While I managed to finish that puzzle in all of 10 minutes this time (I still wonder why I had so much trouble with it), I was borrowing the game and had to give it back for one reason or another. Now I've got my own copy, but I just haven't sat down and done it yet.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Lord_Santa wrote:
Sid Meiers - Pirates! - once again, months of joy, to no avail

I didn't know that Pirates! could be completed. I had a lot of fun with the NES version, but I guess I never finished it either.

Double Dragon II (NES): When I was younger, I could get to the last boss but could never beat him. In case anyone on the board doesn't know, Double Dragon II has three difficulty modes, but I think the only real difference is how far they let you progress in the game. You have to play it on "Supreme Warrior" to be able to fight the true last boss and get the good ending.

Actraiser: Again, when I was younger I could get to the last boss but never beat him. I hope to get back to this one soon, though.

Crystalis: I used to let myself get distracted a lot when playing games, so I have several that I left unfinished for no good reason. This is one of the better ones.

Astyanax: I got stuck somewhere and stopped making progress.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Many don't like this game, but I really enjoyed it when I was younger. I could get past the dam level without taking a hit, but I could never really figure out what to do in the next area.

I'm sure there are a ton more. I've actually gone back and beaten a bunch of games I had given up on when I was younger over the last eight months or so.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

fuck this is my ultimate problem never beating great games, ok so:

Sonic 1, 2, 3 & K: yes i love sonic to death , but never beat any of them on the original genesis, i have beat them on emulators tho, but i consider that cheating

Super Mario Bros 1 and 2: yup same thing never beat them on the original systems

MGS 2 and 3: im halfway through Snake eater so im actually trying to beat it, but MGS2 doesnt rub me the right way, its raiden to be honest

Resident Evil: i've gotten to the huge snake and never continued after that

Half-Life 1 and 2: i've owned Half-Life since i got my first computer in 99' so in the 11 years ive owned this game I NEVER FUCKING FINISHED IT, i manage to make it above ground and through the test labs but always manage to loose interest in finishing it, same with 2.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Golden Sun - no more time for RPG's, but i do love this game. I'll finish it someday..

Battletoads - Fun and Hard - I love it :mrgreen:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Gamerforlife wrote:Battletoads and Battletoads Arcade-The Battletoads games are loads of fun, but I've only finished Battletoads in Battlemaniacs on the SNES. I would like to finish the classic orginal on the NES and also Battletoads arcade since it's the best one in the series

Castlevania:Portrai of Ruin-I lost the damn cord to recharge the Nintendo DS's batteries, so the game has been put on hold indefinitely

Battletoads Arcade was GREAT! Totally ultra-violent stuff, and great graphics to boot. And Portrait of Ruin was probably my favorite DS Castlevania. It had a great story IMO!

D.D.D. wrote:Nice topic jfe2. *thumbs up*

Thanks man! :)

D.D.D. wrote:
jfe2 wrote:Super Mario Bros. - I played the hell out of this game, but never actually saved the Princess when I was younger. I eventually finished Mario 2, 3, and World, but never came back to the original.

I just dunno dude. I've enjoyed many games these days as an adult but didn't have time to finish (never an issue as a kid, what's homework?). But never finishing the original Super Mario Bros. is like starting to watch Star Wars and then calling it quits after Alderaan gets blown up. "Whoa... things have been fun buuuuuut I gotta pace myself here." :P

Isn't it weird? I just never ended up finishing it, and other games took priority as I got a bit older. I will make it my goal to finish it before the year ends! :lol:

Keep 'em coming guys!
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I have yet to finish Persona 3. I love that game but I have to beat three electric bosses and my party has x2 weakness to that. This means I have to grind to raise someone else 20 levels and that's not fun.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Limewater wrote:I didn't know that Pirates! could be completed. I had a lot of fun with the NES version, but I guess I never finished it either.

You can decide to retire (at least on the Amiga and PC versions you can) and depending on how much money you have made and other factors you get rated - the best rating you can get is Vice-Roy or something like that.

Apparently on the modern remake they re-worked that part a bit.

Ivo.