I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by samsonlonghair »

I go to GS last month, and I find a Game Boy Player (with the boot disc) for ten bucks.

I want to buy a few GBA cartridges to go with it. The manager pulls a bin of GBA cartridges out from a drawer and blows a layer of dust off. Immediate sticker shock sets in. Twenty bucks for a port of Mario 3? Twenty-five for Link to the Past? I found a port of a wonderswan game for a half-decent price.

I pick up that one cartridge in my left hand and five other cartridges in my right hand. I say to the manager, "I want to buy this one cartridge, but if you halve the price, I'll buy five more carts."

"Nope," he replies, "corporate." So those five GBA cartridges go back in the dusty drawer instead of being sold.
Last edited by samsonlonghair on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sadly, the guy behind the counter doesn't have the power to change the price.
alexis524
128-bit

Post by alexis524 »

well, they went down one notch on my tool-meter. i bought Jeanne D'Arc at GS earlier this month that came in the plain case, kinda bummed since i'm anal about CIB copies, but was at another GS location in town and saw a CIB mint copy that they just allowed me to swap out my generic case for. not too shabby...
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

JC48573 wrote: I only have Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition on reserve.

That's all you need.
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

I recently went into one downtown in search of the elusive Gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online ep I & II, and saw a game that was actually cheaper there that at Amazon or elsewhere (a first, I tell ya): they had Tales of the Abyss for $20. Not only that but they had TWO copies. I didn't need another one but was bummed b/c I just traded a sealed Bible Buffet for the game + $20. XD
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

Lets see how I run this down

I cant stand gamestop

Find a good play n trade
good play n trade goes out of business, screw the others in my area they are HORRIBLE.

Go back to gamestop, start to think its okay again, preorder ALOT of stuff coming out for the next few months

Pick up battlefield bad company 2 LE "new" but of course...its a open non sealed game.

Get home, try to use the code...the code has been used.

Gamestop is worse than a dark country back road...with white thick fog....20 feet of snow...blind in both eyes....and so on so on.

After my preorders are here, screw them.

New mom and pop shop opens that order me a game that has not been on the shelf in 2 years, they get it for me for no extra, brand new, sealed.

Gamestop....blows.
Yep, I know im the one ya love to hate.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

lost_within wrote:Gamestop....blows.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
yosh
16-bit

Post by yosh »

I don't have a Gamestop (Or EB games) in my area. All my games either come from Salvation Army, the Pawn Shop or friends who are selling them :lol:
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

There are not many choices were I live, but there are a ton of gamestops, so I use them when I am looking for some used games.

There is a play-n-trade by me, but they aren't all that great.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

saturnfan wrote:There are not many choices were I live, but there are a ton of gamestops, so I use them when I am looking for some used games.

There is a play-n-trade by me, but they aren't all that great.

Play N Trades are very strange.

There's one I know of near where I went to college that was like a retro gamer's wet dream. Great prices, great systems, a few factory-sealed gems like Shining The Holy Arc, and the healthiest import selection I'd ever seen.

The one closest to me now (which is about 2 hours away) seems like it is managed by somebody who got fired from a retail job his first week and drunkenly decided to 'show them all'. And failed miserably, of course.