I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by dsheinem »

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Opa Opa wrote:
Flake wrote:Till they stop carrying PS2, GC, and GBA I'll shop them. After that....not so much.
That's what I'm going to do as well. After that I'll stick to retro game shops and the internet.
Same here.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

bladerunner
64-bit

Post by bladerunner »

CRTGAMER wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:
Flake wrote:Till they stop carrying PS2, GC, and GBA I'll shop them. After that....not so much.
That's what I'm going to do as well. After that I'll stick to retro game shops and the internet.
Same here.

Yeah, and I don't know about you guys, but my local Gamestop(s) are getting shittier and shittier selections of PS2 and GC games. Most have no original case or manual and are not in alphabetical order. Its a f$%@ing nightmare. I just want a copy of The Red Star! And GS supposedly sells it for $5 while it goes for like $10-15 on eBay.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

bladerunner wrote:Yeah, and I don't know about you guys, but my local Gamestop(s) are getting shittier and shittier selections of PS2 and GC games. Most have no original case or manual and are not in alphabetical order. Its a f$%@ing nightmare. I just want a copy of The Red Star! And GS supposedly sells it for $5 while it goes for like $10-15 on eBay.

They are pushing out the old stock and getting in the new. My local GS doesn't even carry original XBox games anymore. Onward towards ebay we go...
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

Here's my GS experience:

I bought maybe one or two used DS or Wii games each, but that stopped quickly.
I did get Advance Wars Days of Run sealed for $10 though. :D

Anyways, I only go there for two reasons now:

1. Pre-Ordering a game that's not so big-name (Naruto games, etc), because those come sealed. I won't buy new if it's not a pre-order.

2. Gamecube games. I've gotten some great deals on alot of GCN items, so until those are gone, I'll still be in GS for a while.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Pichu wrote: I've gotten some great deals on alot of GCN items, so until those are gone, I'll still be in GS for a while.

Speaking of great deals, Ikaruga on the GameCube is $20 and F-Zero GX is $5.
...Just thought I'd throw those out there for anyone interested. :wink:
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

Opa Opa wrote:
Pichu wrote: I've gotten some great deals on alot of GCN items, so until those are gone, I'll still be in GS for a while.

Speaking of great deals, Ikaruga on the GameCube is $20 and F-Zero GX is $5.
...Just thought I'd throw those out there for anyone interested. :wink:

I know, I saw both at my Gamestop in June, and I jumped on F-Zero (as well as Namco Museum for $4 for GBA), but Ikaruga was missing the cover art and box. so Buy = No. :lol:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

There is a similar older post full of Gamestop rants.

I posted this at the Gamestop is Evil Thread

Bought some games from Gamestop. Just submitted a survey, I gave the Sales Associate high marks.
However addressed to Corporate, this nasty gram on the last survey page additional notes section:

CRTGAMER wrote:Lucky, this has not happened at this store yet, please read on.

Other local Gamestop just received shipment of used PS2 games via UPS. Associate proceeded to toss manuals, cases and covers and then put only game discs in a yellow envelope in a cardboard display. Not just the Five dollar games either, what a waste of gaming history. All games should be sold with all material traded in, part of gaming experience, even the rare five dollar games.

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS! SELL GAMES WITH ALL ORIGINAL COVERS, ORIGINAL CASES (WHICH HAVE A MEMORY CARD HOLDER) AND ESPECIALLY GAME MANUALS!

As a side note the new Retro Racks are also shopper unfriendly. One has to flip thru cases to find a particular title. Old racks had ends showing easier to quicky scan.

NEW ROLLING RETRO RACKS DISCOURAGE LOOKING FOR A GAME, HURTING SALES. EVEN WORSE IS THAT DISC ONLY TRAY OF ENVELOPES, WHO WOULD WASTE THEIR TIME LOOKING THRU THAT?

Voice your opinions, maybe it'll sink in! (By all means you can copy-paste this to your survey)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Pre ordered my copy of DJ Hero 2. That is all.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
alexis524
128-bit

Post by alexis524 »

went in yesterday to buy a copy of mario and luigi superstar saga. kept getting out bid on ebay. but for what i paid for it, i could've gone BIN and gotten a CIB version. oh well...