I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
saturnfan
128-bit

Re: I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by saturnfan »

yea, my play-n-trade is similar to yours. Terrible section, all the older cd based games are in cracked and dirty cases, bad prices, no imports, etc.
rumsawatti
8-bit

Post by rumsawatti »

I stopped shopping at game stop after they gave me $.75 for a game and sold it back for 12.99 WTF? so yea im anti-lamestop now LOL Play-n-trade iswhat i use sometimes know...but most of the times im on forums ;)
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

rumsawatti wrote:I stopped shopping at game stop after they gave me $.75 for a game and sold it back for 12.99 WTF? so yea im anti-lamestop now LOL Play-n-trade iswhat i use sometimes know...but most of the times im on forums ;)

What was the game? $12.99 might be a bit much, but consider how often a lot of that stuff just stays on the shelves, for years, without anyone even thinking twice about it until it's in the "Under $5" bin and a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale comes along.

Anyway, I just bought Atelier Rorona today. They had a spare Castlevania: Lords of Shadow t-shirt and Etrian odyssey: Forest of Eternity art book there and they let me have them both, for free.

I guess that's one of the reasons I don't shit on GameStop at every available oportunity like everyone else: free shit. They just give it out. I don't even work there anymore, yet everytime I do drop by, they give me free stuff. Hell, I remember getting a ton of free stuff even before I started working there (Got a free copy of Silent Hill and a free R-Type statue way before I was working there). All I have to do is ask - all anyone has to do is ask.
rumsawatti
8-bit

Post by rumsawatti »

Ive asked...ive been kindly shot down...anyways the game was ratchet and clank...up ur arsenal for ps2...i dont have anything against them i just find it pays better to sell or trade on a forum or craigslist...
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Weird. Maybe they just like me. I've even been to GameStops in places I was just visiting (again, before I was even a GameStop employee) and walked out with free stuff. All I do is ask "Is there any pre-order bonuses you guys need to get rid of?"
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

@Opa Opa

Its about 100 bucks for the game + controller. I would buy used for controller but the pre-order bag seems to presuade me. I only typed what my last financial transaction was from gamestop.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

I haven't shopped at Gamestop for about 23 hours.
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

slowslow325 wrote:I haven't shopped at Gamestop for about 23 hours.

How extremely contradicting to the thread title.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

I haven't shopped at a Game Stop in ages. There's really no need to. I hope gamers aren't suckered into their new rewards program, either.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:I haven't shopped at a Game Stop in ages. There's really no need to. I hope gamers aren't suckered into their new rewards program, either.

One of the smartest things they could do is start giving XBL achievement points/ PSN trophies for placing pre-orders, trading in games, etc. I am surprised they haven't jumped on this idea already and worked something out with MS. There are lots of gamers out there with a hard-on for their gamerscore, and those gamers and Gamestop would be a perfect match.